Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Video: Scriabin, 3 pieces

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Lord Nelson, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Lord Nelson

Lord Nelson New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Scheja
    First Name:
    Nelson
    Hi everyone,

For a long time I have done nothing for Piano Society. But as I had a performance on a concert of my music school last sunday, I'm going to upload the video my father recorded (without my knowledge :)).
    I played three pieces of Scriabin as one, because they fit together so well:
    Op.11 No.9 Prelude in E major
    Op.11 No.10 Prelude in C# minor
    Op.2 No.1 Etude in C# minor

Now there's a problem... The video (.mpg) is 116MB large although it has got quite a small resolution. Can I upload it like this or should I try to make it still smaller?

2. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hm...the limit is 250 MB so why not upload it as it is? We have bandwidth these days (100 Mbit/s full duplex).

3. Lord Nelson

Last Name:
    Scheja
    First Name:
    Nelson
  4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    That was very nice, Nelson. I enjoyed watching. You have nice hand movements and looked very confident.

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Finally got around to downloading this video (always a bit of a problem with my unreliable internet). It was worth it. Fine performances, Nelson ! You were a bit nervy at start, but got on top of that very well, and despite some remaining tension, you did a great job and remained cool as a cucumber. Very confident, no memory lapses, and little slips worth mentioning except at the start. To play that well for an audience is something to be proud of.

I need to perform live tonight as well, on both organ and piano. Wish me luck 8)

6. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Very good and just a pity about the little mess up in the beginning. The only thing I wonder about is why you keep arpeggiating every start of a pattern in the etude? At least the sheet I have have just a few large chords marked arpeggio and you keep arpeggiate even grips which for certain you can reach in your hand. Just a minor detail and overall it is a very good performance!

I have put it up on the site under both preludes and etude and marked the size so that people will be aware that it is a very large video.

7. Lord Nelson

Last Name:
    Scheja
    First Name:
    Nelson
    Thank you for the nice feedback!

@robert: Yes, you're right. I often have the tendency to make more arpeggios than required, not only in this piece. Somehow it just sounds more voluminous, but I should try not to exaggerate their use....