Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

The Italian Concerto No.2 by J.S.Bach

Discussion in 'Composing' started by imyfujita, Jan 16, 2015.

1. imyfujita

imyfujita New Member

2. imyfujita

imyfujita New Member

This is the autograph.
    [​IMG]

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for posting this. An interesting experiment.
    On your web site it says "composed by J.S Bach and arranged by Iori Fujita" but it's not composed by Bach, is it ? That autograph is just beautiful ! It could have fooled anybody, it's so well done.

All three mp3 tracks stop after about a minute, so it is difficult to to judge the quality of the composition. It is capably done, very much in the style of Bach,
    but it does not have the natural flair and flow of Bach's music, that certain " something" that make you want to hear it again. Some of the harmonies and modulations
    sound a bit recherche. I believe it is impossible to imitate Bach.

The name Sebastian Knauer puzzled me. I was thinking of the pianist of that name, but the writer of this book is another person.

4. imyfujita

imyfujita New Member

Thank you for viewing my page, dear techneut.

On my browsers, Safari and IE, I can listen to my mp3 files without difficulty. But it uses html5 grammar which would make you have this limitation.
    Then you can download mp3 files by right clicking "mp3 1","mp3 2" and "mp3 3" on the page.
    And also you can get the pdf scores from the page.

You say;
    "It does not have the natural flair and flow of Bach's music, that certain " something" that make you want to hear it again. "
    It may be because the performance is not good enough to make you want to hear it again.
    I made midi data, so you can change it as you like. Or play it by yourself. I would like to listen to your performance.

There are two men in Hamburg whose name is Sebastian Knauer. One is a writer, another is a famous pianist.
    Iori Fujita

5. imyfujita

imyfujita New Member

There is an idea of the performance of some parts of my 2nd Italian Concerto on the 2015 Mühlhausen music festival.
    Once J.S.Bach was on duty in Mühlhausen in Germany and composed alsio some cantatas, like "Gott ist mein Koenig" as a young guy.
    Denny Wilke, town-organist and musical director at Marienkirche church in Mühlhausen/ Thüringen will play at organ some parts of the 2nd Italian Concerto.
    The date would be May.2. 2015.