Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Prokofiev "Romeo and Juliet before parting"

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, May 3, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Ok, it is replaced.

3. chopin366

chopin366 New Member Piano Society Artist

Student
    Last Name:
    Huynh
    First Name:
    Lap
    That was very good! I just heard this performed by the Yale Philharmonia last night!

4. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Technically, not much wrong here, if anything. I will not comment on the interpretation as this is a matter of taste, but your piano really needs to be tuned now, and you are using way too much pedal here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As about always, you are right. In fact, the piano tuner is arriving ( before the next recording, and
    maybe I record again this piece). Thank you for your direct speaking, ever appreciated.
    Sandro.

6. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    A very good recording for sure! Not that I can really remember your previous and what you did to improve it :).

But yes, you should get a piano tuner to fix your grand before next recording. Especially that high C has a string which is really out of tune.

7. troglodyte

troglodyte Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Professor
    Last Name:
    Parrow
    First Name:
    Joachim
    Thanks for posting this, it is my absolute favourite of op 75. I have vague plans on op 75 myself - will you do the entire set?

This is a piece I have listened to a lot so I have preconceptions - in particular I have heard it a higher tempo, where it is easier to form the phrases of the melody in a singing way (which is quite difficult at your low tempo). In particular the Adagio (p44 in the music at this site) can go a bit faster and perhaps a bit more even in the 16th accompaniment (you now lean quite heavily on the first beats), to create the impression of a soaring declaration of love rather than of a slow fight. Of course this is all a matter of taste. Your playing is as always highly expressive and very enjoyable.

8. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Very nice piece and arrangement. You seem to play it very accurate ( I have not the score, so I can not judge it really) and eve, and with very much expession. Absolutely beautiful record. I enjoyed it very much!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

> will you do the entire set?

I think to play also Capulets and Montagues, Friar Laurence and The young Juliet, maybe the Gavotte.

> In particular the Adagio (p44 in the music at this site) can go a bit faster and perhaps a bit more even in the 16th accompaniment (you now lean quite heavily on the first beats), to create the impression.....

Very kind, and really interesting comment. Thank you and all best
    Sandro