Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Piano Concerto No. 2 in D Minor Opus 2 Fully Orchestrated

Discussion in 'Composing' started by Joe Townley, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Joe Townley

Joe Townley New Member

Thanks much for the helpful hint, richard. I've tried to write small but I just can't. I'm not really good at writing for solo piano because I don't play anymore and therefore cannot really hear what I'm writing. I know a synthesizer can reproduce it but I just don't have the motivation to write small pieces. But I will give you and everyone else an update. I've contacted about 20 professional-level pianists, mostly non-name but have gotten only one reply back----from Thomas Pandofi's agent (Pandolfi is a top-notch pianist, by the way, not as well known though). She approached me with an offer for P to give a concert in East Europe where he has some contacts with the Moldavian orchestra he once played the MacDowell 2 with (the entire thing is on YouTube) but once I said I was only interested in an American premiere I think she lost interest. Never called back, at any rate. I've contacted several Music Teachers organizations like MTNA MTAC, ASCO, and several university music dept's and conservatories. Not one response. Even when I offer a generous donation in exchange. Which is not a bribe, BTW. It's called a quid-pro-quo donation and is perfectly legal under the IRS tax code. Apparently, these organizations don't even want to hear about a premiere. They solicit money but only under their terms. Perfectly, okay, of course, but how does one get something heard? If they have no connections they are out in the cold. I'm seriously beginning to believe that even if I were to throw 100K their way with the premiere stipulation they'd still turn me down flat. And some of the pianists I've send messages to on YT with the offer are just students or recent grads, albeit very talented ones. Still, no interest. I think maybe they think the offer is just a put-on, even though I send them the link to the concerto. BTW, I revamped the opening. Does it sound any better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_NQEz7L8w