Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

need pianists to record my music

Discussion in 'Composing' started by robinlamott, Aug 22, 2015.

1. robinlamott

robinlamott New Member

Composer
    Home Page:
    Hello all, I am new here, I am a composer and need good pianists to record my piano works. If you are interested you go go to my website and hear some pieces even download free scores. The reason I can't perform is because I had an accident to my right hand wrist. http://www.robinlamott.com

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I sampled some of the recordings on your website. Sweet, tuneful and unpretentious music, though not entirely my cup of tea I have to admit.
    You seem to have 3 excellent pianists playing your work already. These all sound like pro recordings. Strangely I cannot find any of these 3 performers on the web. Intriguing !

3. robinlamott

robinlamott New Member

Composer
    Home Page:
    Why do you think you would have to be able to find these pianists on the web? They are just piano students not famous pianists.

4. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Because they sound very professional, and ditto recorded. Most people who play that well would have some presence on the web.

5. robinlamott

robinlamott New Member

Composer
    Home Page:
    Yes they do sound professional. They were recorded on a Steinway D model and was recorded at ABC studios in Sydney. Those pieces cost me a fair amount in the studio. However I am only needing a clear recording even with a good mic on a decent and tuned piano from someones home can work. I dont need pianists to sell a cd, it is just so that people can hear the pieces and if they like can buy the scores. I cant play as well as I used to and have a r.h. injury, but I can compose better than ever, hehe. That craft gets better with experience. Anyway if there is someone out there that wants to give it a try, I will ofcourse give them all the scores on my website for free. Most piano players will find my music enjoyable if they like Chopin or Schumann for example.