Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

La Campanella Liszt

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by jyin94, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jyin94

jyin94 New Member

Here is my presentation of La Campanella transcribed by Liszt

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hello, jyin94, and welcome to Piano Society. Unfortunately, the sound quality of your recording here is not acceptable. I hear all kinds of external noises - totally distracts from the music, which is sorry to say also lacking. This just sounds like pounding to me. Could be your recording setup. Sorry again.

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    This sounds horrible, not to put too fine a point on it. The worst recorded sound I have heard for a while, not even considering the strange plucking noises and out-of-tune piano. But even apart from that, this will not do. The playing is too haphazard. This is not a piece from which one can judge a pianists' musicality, so I won't do that. But the least you can do here is get all the glittering notes right.

4. Didier

Didier Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Brest
    First Name:
    Didier
    Hi Yin,

I'm waowed by your performance! Obviously, you can play this horribly difficult piece. Well, I agree with Monica and Chris about the sound and the ambience being a bit special. :wink:

Did you listen to the version from Chiara available from Pianosociety ?

All the best,

Didier

5. PJF

PJF New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Fournet
    First Name:
    Pierre
    Way to go! :D

Does bursting a guy's bubble give you two a thrill?

Some constructive criticism might have done him better. That "rip out the jugular and see if he survives" type critique is cruel. Especially for a newbie. Some tact and a few pm's might have served him better. I don't blame him for never showing up here again.

Frankly, I found the first two responses curt and unproductive.

6. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oh yeah, I thrive on that. Main reason why I joined this forum and wormed my way in as an admin. :p

Sure it's cruel. Life is cruel. I must admit having little patience with really subpar submissions. We have enough to do with the good ones already and we're not qualified to be everybody's piano teacher (at least I am not).

Now you see why you need to come back Pete ? We need somebody to cushion all the newbies and make sure they learn to play the right notes and to listen to themselves. That would be more productive than complaining about the admins :p

Well anyway, it's good to see there is some life left in you. There is hope yet :D Welcome back !

7. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Why is everyone so hard on poor La Campanella? It's a nice little four-hand piece. :lol:

Pete, I'm confused. Are you leaving PS because you don't like classical music any more, or are you leaving PS because you have some issues with the admins? While I agree that they can be a tad bit dismissive sometimes, I also understand that neither of them get paid to do this, and that I sure as hell don't have the patience to listen to every single recording that is submitted here and make useful comments on them, so I don't expect them to do much better in this area than I would. In any case, it's probably not wise to conflate this issue with the issue of your love for classical music. I'm not sure exactly what is going on here, but I think it would be a good idea for you to keep that in mind.

8. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    This whole thing is ridiculous!