Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Khachaturian - Toccata

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by djrubens78, Apr 13, 2010.

1. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Oh, I am so mad at myself!!!! :evil: :evil: I should have known about burning wav files instead of mp3 files five years ago when I started doing all this stuff. I wondered why sometimes my recordings had an annoying hiss in the background when I played them on a CD. Then I recently learned how to eliminate some of it in my new editing program, except I wouldn't have had to learn all that had I just used the wav files (maybe?). So typical of my life - this is how things always go! Argh!! :evil:

I think I'm going to get an external hard-drive too. I've been saying that for months now, but I mean it this time.

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Well I have never bothered to keep WAV files either, and sort of regret it now.
    Anyway, once my piano's revised I will probably want to re-record everything and have a chance to do it better.

3. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Chris,

Are you going to do some restoring of the Gaveau? I seem to recall several months ago that you might be doing some work on it.

David

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    David, Chris started a topic about that over in the Piano forum. :)

5. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    now I'm a great fan of you. I think everyone should do with most stuffs, what you do with your computer. why all this pression to buy new stuffs all the time? the planet will run out of resources soon if we continue this way.
    and the worst of all is that we are pressured to work a lot, so we get a lot of money to buy these stuffs we don't even need. and then there is few time to enjoy great and simple things of life.

anyway...
    here is a video about it:
    http://www.storyofstuff.com/

6. Rachfan

Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Thanks, Monica. I must have missed that topic last time I was there. I'll check it out.

David

7. Rachfan

Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Felipe,

I'm glad you're a fan of me with my 9-year old PC! :D (Incidentally, I have a fairly new car now, but the one I owned previously, which I had bought new, lasted me for 254,000 miles.) Here in the northern New England region of the U.S., people call us Old Yankees, and we're reputed to be very frugal with a dollar, which is true. I watched that video (thanks for the link). What she had to say made a lot of sense. I think that people today buy way too much "stuff" based on wants rather than needs--or spend money for niceties rather than essentials. So yes, I agree with the whole premise.

David

8. djrubens78

djrubens78 New Member

Hi! Thankyou for your kind words. First thing is to apologize for not responding during these last few days. I didn´t even know I was getting all this feedback. I would very much like to post more things here and I´ll definetely do it in mp3´s.
    I will give more news about myself in the following days as soon as I find out better how this page works.

Ruben Yessayan

9. djrubens78

djrubens78 New Member

Hi! Thankyou for taking the time to listen to my recording. I hope you can forgive me for dissappearing all these days since I made the posts, but I had no idea I was receiveng all this comments. From now on I will definetely post mp 3´s. Where should I write about myself?

Take care,

Ruben Yessayan

10. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Oh, sorry Ruben. We sort of took over your thread here because we thought you had disappeared. You can introduce yourself right here in this thread. Not a whole page or anything like that - just something brief like where are you from, what are you doing these days, what kind of piano you have, what's your favorite kind of pizza...etc (joking about the pizza). If we accept you as a member, we will ask you for a more complete biography. Also as I said earlier - I hope you can post more recent recordings of yourself. That's what interests us most; we don't comment on or critique older recordings that much.

11. djrubens78

djrubens78 New Member

Hello again everyone!

I´m back this time to finally introduce myself properly. :mrgreen:

My name is Ruben Yessayan, and I´m a pianist/composer from the beautiful city of Madrid, Spain. I´m 31 years old and I work as a piano teacher, accompanist and performer. I studied for six years at Manhattan School of Music in New York, did my undergrad and masters there, which was a fascinating experience.
    The two recordings you´ve already heard belong to a studio cd I did in 2006. The reason I put that is because I think its still very good quality, even though I´ve kept getting better. Actually I would like to post a few more things from that cd. Let me know if that´s a problem.
    Usually I don´t record myself, except when I want to give myself a lesson, and those kind of recordings I dont share at all. I hope to record a few of my next concerts and maybe I can post them here if they´re good enough.
    Let me know if you have any questions about myself and I´ll definetely answer them.

P.S. I have a few videos on youtube which are really recent, if you want to check them out. You can find me through my name or my user name djrubens78.

12. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    hehe

I kept my last computer for 7 years, and I only changed because it really broke.

I myself have had the same celular for years, and I have changed only nowadays because I have two chips. so I bought a Powerpack mini-iphone. okay... as it's too cheap, it's probable that it's made in inhuman conditions (I thought of it only later... I had already bought it) but so are Apple iPhone and Microsoft Mouse, and probably lots of other stuffs we buy. it's something we can't control. =((

13. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hello again, Ruben. Nice to meet you! :)

We don't have a law against submitting older recordings, but you already know how I feel about it. ( :x ) Also, I suggest that if you wish to submit additional recordings you may want to start a new thread.