DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

What is a digital piano?

Discussion in 'General' started by ngotham93nd, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ngotham93nd

ngotham93nd New Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    ngo
    First Name:
    tham
    A digital piano is basically an electronic piano minus the strings and soundboard, although, even the latter is featuring now also! Instead of having hammers hitting a string, each time a key is depressed, the digital piano has each piano note digitally sampled into its memory - đọc truyện tranh online. Inside the digital piano is a small amplifier, weighted keys and a sound bank with other voices. Of course, manufacturers spend most time on perfecting the piano sound as this is the main discerning point for most people buying digital or stage pianos. The weighted keys emulate the weight and action of an acoustic piano keyboard in the same as the hammers hit the strings. (doc truyen ngan)

The digital piano has brought with it many advantages to a modern world. Prior to its arrival, musicians played the traditional acoustic piano, or used an electronic keyboard. The digital piano transcends both world and allows musicians to be even more expressive and versatile while retaining as much as possible, the feel and comfort of a traditional piano.
    Tags: play game online - xem tử vi hàng tháng

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hello ngotham93,
    I wonder why you wrote this post. Are you working for Roland or Yamaha :) ?
    Otherwise, if you are a pianist, have you ever played a real beautiful piano like a Steinway D or B ? If yes, can you frankly say that the digital is 'more expressive and versatile' ?
    By the way, I have a P120 Yamaha digital, which I find excellent to play with a headphone, or in any place out of my home where I can easily bring it. But I prefer a good upright (without talking about my Yamaha S400B grand) when the topic is to play classical music, or even jazz.

3. Sean T. Preston

Sean T. Preston pianoman16

Pianist
    Last Name:
    Preston
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hello,
    I do find digital pianos very convientent...however, if I was faced with a choice between a concert grand & a concert electric... I would choose the concert grand; I much prefer the touch.:)

4. Sarah Taylor

Sarah Taylor Sarah Taylor

Teacher
    Last Name:
    Sarah
    First Name:
    Taylor
    I have to Write My Dissertation For Me electric piano and digital can someone please tell me what is the dissimilarity among digital and electric piano?

5. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hi Sean,
    The term electric piano was first used during the late '60 early '70. At this time, appearance of jazz-rock pushed pianists to amplify their instrument in order to struggle against electric guitars and drums, and to cope with the taste for electric sound. Two trade marks were (and are still) famous: Wurlitzer and Fender Rhodes. The latter was the most popular. It is an instrument having real hammers and metal plates hit by these hammers. But the sound is very low (in power) and is amplified to be audible. These instruments produce a sound quite different from an acoustic piano, but great artists like Chick Corea or Herbie Hancock demonstrated the possibility to play great music with them, developing a new style and a new way of using a keyboard in a jazz/jazz-rock ensemble.
    Later, the development of computers brought the possibility to sample (to record) any sound, to store it in a digital bank and to activate these sounds using a keyboard. Digital keyboards use this process to deliver any type of sound. Piano is not easy to reproduce, because of the great dynamics of this instrument, and because in a good piano all strings interact with each other (the sympathy phenomenon). Pipe organ is much easier, and you may find now digital organs providing a broad range of sounds coming from real organs from all the world. For piano, a number of makers as Yamaha, Roland and others are proposing digital instruments with pretty good piano sounds. Contrarily to electric pianos, these instruments have no real identity, they try to imitate as much as possible the sound of a real acoustic piano. For most pianists, the result is never entirely convincing, but they have the great interest to be pretty light, movable, affordable and allowing to play music in a flat with difficult neighbors, which is not the case if you have a grand acoustic piano (believe my experience !).
    Good luck for your dissertation

6. florencewillburn

florencewillburn New Member

writer
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Willburn
    First Name:
    Florence
    Digital piano is a modern musical instrument. It is also called piano synthesizer. It cost much less than acoustic piano.

7. Erin Watkins

Erin Watkins New Member

Last Name:
    Watkins
    First Name:
    Erin
    The scene where he examines the photograph and continues making a request to move quadrants and extend and broaden the picture. The thought is that the makers set up the shot only the way they need it on the live set, and afterward in view of what they need to shut out. When buy thesis service with affordable rate students get what is good for them.

8. irenejacob

irenejacob New Member

Writing Guide
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    jacob
    First Name:
    irene
    A digital piano is a portable piano with weighted keyboard, it is a costly one. It also known as piano synthesizer. You will get more details about digital piano and ordinary piano from best essay writing service.