Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

video /music file on chopin waltz,mazurka ,etude

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by johnmar78, Jan 21, 2008.

1. johnmar78

johnmar78 New Member Piano Society Artist

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    Hi every one.
    I have both video file and mp3 file for you.

please use nero show time or widow media for video files.

Just need to do this for my video profile s.
    Op64-1
    Robert, I have reinforced the last bar and this should be happier.

op7-1

One of my favourite mazurka..just a start.

I forgot to mention, these microphones are much better than my previous mp3s in terms of sound quality, you can check it on its spectrum graph. Its dolby D recorded....

I hope you all like it...

Chopin - Op.64.no.1, Waltz in D-flat major VIDEO
    Chopin - Op.64.no.1, Waltz in D-flat major
    Chopin - Op.7.no.1, Mazurka in B-flat major VIDEO
    Chopin - Op.7.no.1, Mazurka in B-flat major

2. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Hallo,
    I´m musicteacher and pianist from Germany and new in this forum. The videos are interesting studies of hands and they sound well, perhaps a bit dry, but could it be the microphone?
    I posted 2nd movement of Bach, Italian Concerto, but there seems not be too much interest, so I will pose the Scherzo Nr. 1 of Chopin, hoping on more feedback.

3. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Hallo,
    I´m musicteacher and pianist from Germany and new in this forum. The videos are interesting studies of hands and they sound well, perhaps a bit dry, but could it be the microphone?
    I posted 2nd movement of Bach, Italian Concerto, but there seems not be too much interest, so I will pose the Scherzo Nr. 1 of Chopin, hoping on more feedback.

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    First of all, I'm envious that you get to sit there in shorts.
    Second - good job on these. The mazurka had a couple things that I'm not used to. I'm not looking at the score now, but one place was in the RH where I usually play a mordent and then a little run downhill, whereas you do just the downhill run. Also, your rubato is very pronounced in the quiet section. Not that that is bad, just more than what I'm used to. I think you played the Waltz really great.

5. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thanks Monica and Musicalu. Here is hot 33-35 C all day. No air con. I was going to do a no tops, but I find it may be too rude and no respect to PS and so as my culture. I ONLY put it on just for the cameras :lol: ...I liked the way i play the op7/1...I have repharsed and refined so many times in last few years so as waltze. This is time for me to nail it down. and I did it....how about you guys?

Waltze...is the best I CAN DO....I quit on that....good enough for me at least......

I bought a special lightings just for these "back ligthing issue".... :lol:

My expression of freedom comes with my op7-1....

6. chopinman0901

chopinman0901 New Member

Unfortunately the videos wouldn't work for me, but I was still able to hear them.

The mazurka is wonderful, and as pianolady said, it sounded a little different than I'm used to, but I'm not complaining :D ! Great expression and use of rubato!

The waltz was spectacular as well, and it sounded just like some of the professional recordings I've heard (albeit lesser sound quality, but that can't really be avoided). You have the main theme sound all light and fluttery, which I really like. You did a great job putting expression into the piece and not messing up while maintaining that incredible speed!

Overall, wonderful job! I'm not sure if these recordings are on the site yet, but if they're not then they should be put up immediately.

7. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thank you Chopinman. I always listen to the world class playing since I was a kids. and always liked theses pieces. when grow older I am more to undersatnd these pieces. These are my latest recordings both video and mp3 files.

Try use "nero show time" it will show up. Otherwise, get your downloaded file wma and convert to mp4 or mp2 using "magic convertor" and its done.... make sure you use -quick time player to play these mp4 files.:lol: Anymore I can help, please pm me.

8. chopinman0901

chopinman0901 New Member

Wow, thank you for that tip! It worked! I should really start using Nero instead of that crappy Windows Media Player...

9. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    You do a very good job both on the Mazurka and the Waltz. Perhaps on the edge of you speed barrier for the Waltz in some passages but still very good. It is something with these black-key-flatted-major-pieces of Chopin isn't it ;). Sorry for neglecting for so long and I blame my normal job as usual :). But they are up by now.

10. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thanks Robert. I am not planning to do any speedy works for waltz. They are fast enough. Yes, I did speed up a little in second repeat section.

I enjoyed my mazurka playing. I dnt know about Chris?

11. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I enjoyed my Mazurka playing too :wink:

Did not get to listen to yours yet, as I tend to skip video postings. But I will listen and comment tonight. Be afraid, be very afraid :p

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both enjoyable, but I liked more the mazurka. Very good articulation in trills and fast passages,
    and good sound. Only, IMHO, a little weak the basses. Do you use the camcorder audio for the videos?
    Congratulations and all best,
    Sandro.

13. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thanks sando,

Yes, I tried to capture the sound of my piano vs minidic(out dated). and overall, with record volume and sound quality. I have to say, the 2 channel stereo microphone from my dvd cam IS more tahn a sufficient for my use. Since, Cam is located on trenble end, I suppose, you do lose a small amount of bass.