Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

VIDEO files on chopin op25-3 and op10-4

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by johnmar78, Jan 28, 2008.

1. johnmar78

johnmar78 New Member Piano Society Artist

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    Hi everyone in PS.

Here is my op25-3 and my old op10-4 I forgot to add last week,-sorry -moderators.

Hope you all like it. any questions please free feel to reply.

PLEASE use window media or Nero show time, to play these video files. I found AVI formats works for both.
    Any probelms please let me know.....

Mp3 audio files is also attached.

Cheers

Chopin - Op.10 no.4, Etude in C-sharp minor VIDEO
    Chopin - Op.10 no.4, Etude in C-sharp minor
    Chopin - Op.25 no.3, Etude in F major VIDEO
    Chopin - Op.25 no.3, Etude in F major

2. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Very much respect for this difficult etudes. (Especially op. 10 , Nr. 4, is quite difficult in my opinion. I played it quite long time ago, with 15 years.)
    I have to remark three points:
    1) measure 18: you drop the fis double sharp (german: fisis, it´s the 12th note of the sixteens). (I realized it, because I did it always, too :lol: )
    2) in the bars 33 and 37 I would use a bit pedal for holding the half notes in the right hand. The whole piece seems too dry for me, I may be would use a bit more pedal, because like this it sounds too much like an etude for me personally, but it´s more than this. (Of course, you sound very clear like this, but one could remark every little "slip". But on the other side it causes very much respect for your courage to play it in this dry and clear way, for this it is really a very good job!)
    3) measure 46: right and left hand are not together, some left-hand notes are missing, may be.

op. 25, Nr. 3 sounds nice, but also too dry for me. It´s played with a bit less risc than op. 10, 4, because of the slower tempo. (There are faster versions of it.)

Assuming I have to say, you have done a very good job and it´s an interesting technical study to look at your hands. Thank you very much for sharing.

3. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thanks Musicula....with the op25-3 a bit dry....very interesting. I was playing serveral months without use of pedal. and only recently I added use of pedal to avoid that dryness.....well, thats all personal...... too much pedal there is a blur, but too little..a bit dry...

With op10-4,,,I will try something different..but as I said, there is never enough....

Thanks Pal.

4. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Perhaps you could find a compromise and sometimes use half pedal, that´s a trick I like very much and I use very much :wink:

5. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    I admire your patience with these terrible difficult etudes! And you have come quite far since I first heard you play Op.10 no.1. These are both on the edge of what you handle but shouldn't etude be that? Well done and they are all up on the site.

6. johnmar78

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    thanks Robert. These etude are becoming bored to me. The op25-3 is my first stage of recording. And I just let it grow. By the way, from now on..no more chopin etude for my practice or recordings except op10-1 and op25-3.

Otherthan that, now I am retired from Chopin etude. I am bored. His etude is differnt to traditional way of composition etude(anyone before him0 , in his interpretation, it requires both muscial and technical ability rather like the Cezarys studies....school of velocity.....

As matter of facts, because I found bored with Chopin studies. I have found a new love, thats Liszts trancendental studies. I have been working on for last 7 months. And because its Liszt. He made his etude a much LONGER 9-12 pages instead of 4 -6 pages like chopin. I need something differnt.

So now , Liszt and chopin waltz.....

I am having a rest for a while.......

And thank you all.