DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 860

Valentines Day

Discussion in 'General' started by pianolady, Feb 13, 2007.

1. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Tomorrow is Valentines Day, so Happy Valentines to all you lovers out there!
    Pull out some romantic piano music and have your wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, or dog (kidding) sit beside you at the piano - candles or fireplace lit, both of you wearing silk pajamas and sipping champagne, and listen to seductive music flowing from your magical fingers. (The rest of the scene has to come from your imagination, or I will get in trouble, again. :wink:)

I am not even sure if you people on the other side of the pond, or down-under, (or up and over) do Valentines Day? If not, happy V. day, anyway.

2. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    i think we americans are the only people who celebrate st. valentine's day with chocolate, lingerie, champagne and cupids. ALso what is interesting is that St. Valentine's day is the only saint day on the american calender....stupid separation of church and state (have to blame the English on this one :wink: )

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    There is a lot of hoohah here about Valentine's day, trying to get the people to buy it. Something like is a huge business opportunity, like Mother's Day and Father's Day. Some clever guy here has succeeded in growing multi-coloured roses which are said to be just the thing for Valentine's day - at 9 euro a piece :shock: I guess us down-to-earth Dutch will have no truck with it.

Too cold here anyway to parade around in lingerie :lol:

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    We just got ten inches of snow yesterday. I like watching the squirrels and bunnies jump and hop across the yard. And it is beautiful, but clearing it is exhausting.

5. johnmar78

johnmar78 New Member Piano Society Artist

Food chemist / pianist
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Mar
    First Name:
    John
    nothing gets better, we just had a Valentines date/day and following the Chinese new year in China town-18/2 and the whole week. We spent two nights at china town and so many bargains and eateries.

Mainly for promotion and attacts more people. What you reckon a box of intsant noddles for 3$(australian)..thats bloody cheap...haaaa. By the way here is hot 28-33C. which allows me to wrok hard and sweat on op53.

Sigh, I can have a rest now.