Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Two more of Kabalevsky Op.39

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by arensky, Nov 30, 2008.

?

Will arensky really post the complete set?

1. Nah, he's a slacker, always was, always will be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Arensky is such a good musician, of course he will!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. He will forget about this project in the midst of his myriad activities...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:
  2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Pole addendum: Can pianolady convince Arensky to also complete Kabalevsky Op. 27? There are only 9 remaining in the set!

3. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:
    But you guys already did all the cool ones, the ones that are left are HARD!!! :cry:

Kabalevsky's Op.27 is one of the cornerstones of my teaching rep, so yes I'll complete it, if I can duplicate my favorites.

I have another pedagogical set from my youth that I want to record also. But it's a secret! :wink:

Can I email you a scan of my Op.27 for the site? It's out of print, Russian looking and really cool. 8)

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    :lol: :lol: Ok - you can duplicate pieces, so go for it! (but if you do a much better job than me, then I'll have to re-do them all :( )

I'd love to see it!

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I'm a bit confused here - you posted no.22 yesterday, and that was named 'Slow Waltz'. Now it's named 'Brief story'. What gives ?
    Please keep naming your files 'coleman' as that was what we did before Nathan arrived.
    As for ID3 tagging, I see that you have now used ID3 tags version 2.3, thanks ! I will yet have to sort out how to handle version 2.4 tags though, as they will probably occur more often.
    The tags do help, but are not quite according to the standard. I really need to set down the guidelines for that in a posting.

6. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:
    My brains!!! :D

Slow Waltz' exact number is omitted in my compilation book, so I counted down a complete list at sheetmusicplus.com. and miscounted, Slow Waltz is no.23, "Brief Story" (or "Short Story" if you prefer) is no.22. Hey, it's my eyes that are giving out, not my brains... :?

Okay!

7. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Prokofiev Musiques d'Enfants Op.65? It'd be great if you did. Well, it'd be great whatever the pedagogical set was. :D

8. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Not Mikrokosmos I hope, because I want to do that ! One fine day in the distant future....

9. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    All are up the site, Chase. Please double-check. If you can find/write some blurb on them that would be nice. The picture is not so hot, I could only find a small one and had to blow it up.

10. bclever

bclever New Member

I really wish composers wouldn't always assume beginners are CHILDREN by naming their
    compositions/collections in this manner.

11. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:
    I wasn't thinking of Mikrokosmos, but I do use them in my teaching, IF the pupil is willing. Bartok is not everyone's cup of tea and I don't make students play music they don't like, unless it's Bach. He is required.

I might record one or two of the later books of Mikrokosmos, but not all six. Prokofiev's Op.65 has never appealed to my students young or old and they are quite difficult for young people imo. I like to play "The Moon Strolls in the Meadows" for my own enjoyment now and then, but that wasn't it either. Y'all shall see, if I get around to it. Hint, it would be a new composer for the site. :wink:

Bclever, that must be frustrating, but remember that it's never too late to enjoy children's things, including their piano pieces! :D Just leave the "children" part out of the title!

12. arensky

arensky New Member

Musician
    Home Page:

BLURB

Composed in 1944, this collection along with the Thirty Children's Pieces Op.27 contains some of Kabalevsky's best known teaching pieces.

Don't know much else, I'm afraid...

13. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    you mean op. 39 and it's called 24 Pieces for Children or 24 Easy Pieces. My book calls them 24 Easy Pieces.

Brian - I think that it is not always the composers who name them 'children' but the publishers who do it.