DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 755

The Banker

Discussion in 'Composing' started by pianoman342, Nov 19, 2013.

1. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    I have been enjoying the great rags of Joplin, Gershwin and light music of Mayerl for some time, and recently discovered Bolcom. So I thought as a composer, why not write my own? So I have, and I'm calling this the banker. A story accompanies this toe-tapping tune, and if you read the score, you will get a taste of it. I forgo the first repeat, and have now finally gotten an adapter and the audio is directly through the piano and not my subpar camera mic. I recorded this with a metronome, though I hope it doesn't come off too dogged.

Video:

http://youtu.be/oJZQ6TaYAGE

PDF:

Audio:

Enjoy!

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    A cute piece, well done. For some reason the recording seems to be mono, coming over one channel only. Did you not notice that before uploading ?

3. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Hi Chris, thanks for listening. I thought you said in another post your ears weren't sensitive ?! :lol:

Yes the trouble here is when I recorded it, I was getting only static on the right field, but only records to one track so I went to the equalizer and turned off all the high bands, so all that you really hear are the mids and low frequencies. I think its a problem with this guitar to headphone jack, which is strange because I just bought it new from RadioShack.

Alas, as you can see, I haven't fixed the flopping piano stand either. Another thing you may have noticed, the only way I was able to play this piece was by shifting the octave to favor the bottom register. This setup only works as a better than nothing rig. But I am thankful to have something!

4. Affinity

Affinity New Member

Not bad. Really nice period piece; the syncopations made it entertaining to listen to. I think the descending sequence from b. 64 - 69 could have pointed to an interesting contrasting episode with a bit of change in harmony though. Maybe the banker trying to settle the customer complaint or something...