DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

The Banker

Discussion in 'Composing' started by pianoman342, Nov 19, 2013.

1. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    I have been enjoying the great rags of Joplin, Gershwin and light music of Mayerl for some time, and recently discovered Bolcom. So I thought as a composer, why not write my own? So I have, and I'm calling this the banker. A story accompanies this toe-tapping tune, and if you read the score, you will get a taste of it. I forgo the first repeat, and have now finally gotten an adapter and the audio is directly through the piano and not my subpar camera mic. I recorded this with a metronome, though I hope it doesn't come off too dogged.

Video:

http://youtu.be/oJZQ6TaYAGE

PDF:

Audio:

Enjoy!

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    A cute piece, well done. For some reason the recording seems to be mono, coming over one channel only. Did you not notice that before uploading ?

3. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Hi Chris, thanks for listening. I thought you said in another post your ears weren't sensitive ?! :lol:

Yes the trouble here is when I recorded it, I was getting only static on the right field, but only records to one track so I went to the equalizer and turned off all the high bands, so all that you really hear are the mids and low frequencies. I think its a problem with this guitar to headphone jack, which is strange because I just bought it new from RadioShack.

Alas, as you can see, I haven't fixed the flopping piano stand either. Another thing you may have noticed, the only way I was able to play this piece was by shifting the octave to favor the bottom register. This setup only works as a better than nothing rig. But I am thankful to have something!

4. Affinity

Affinity Member

Not bad. Really nice period piece; the syncopations made it entertaining to listen to. I think the descending sequence from b. 64 - 69 could have pointed to an interesting contrasting episode with a bit of change in harmony though. Maybe the banker trying to settle the customer complaint or something...