Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Thanks

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Dear Mr. Schroeter,
    I really don't want to see you get off on the wrong foot, again. I am only speaking for myself, but it just seems like you are submitting too many things for everybody to take in. Everytime I see that you have submitted something, it is more like another whole biography and I skip it. Life on the forum can sometimes go fast, and other times go slow and most often people reply to something that doesn't take up too much time. And you also need to sometimes have a thick skin, which I know isn't easy, but that's the way it is, here. If you want to be friends, you should stop bombarding us with your whole life story. If you submit just one recording of traditional piano playing, and get accepted, then you can have your own place where you can put up all your other things related to your composing. (at least that is how I think the way the forum is run) The moderators will correct me if I am wrong.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    You already have.
    What are you talking about?
    Stop barking so much! I am close to your age, as are several other members here. And others are much older and have an even more impressive resume' than you do. You may well have wonderful music that you composed, but with your attitude no one will want to listen to it. Everyone here loves music and has played piano for many years. But in addition to that, some members have other careers in which they excel, and others are students who are still learning about the world of music. Obviously, you think you are a great composer, but a little humility would help if you want people to listen to your works. You need to chill out a bit. Remember, even Mozart didn't always get respect and appreciation for his music until much later.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Chaotica

Chaotica New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Lebenstedt
    First Name:
    Jan-Felix
    Forgive me, but I have another short thing to add. It could be deliberate, but you forgot to delete one of your postings on the first page:

I hope this helps you. :)

7. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    The thing is that I was going to put some of your compositions up on the site but it takes a lot more time to add a new pianist/composer than to add a recording of a pianist already there. As I work full time (more than full time) elsewhere, people must have patience if I do not act immediately. But from what I understand here, you do not wish to be added as a Member composer on the site anymore.

8. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I think this should now conclude Mr. Schroeter's brief and colorful stint on this forum.

As he clearly stated, he does not need Piano Society, and - although it is always a shame to lose a good pianist and composer - it's not as if we need him either. In a democratic society like this, people get judged primarily by their recordings, and secondarily by what they write (and for a large part, how they write it). We do not judge people by what they say they are.

Clearly, considering Mr. Schroeter's temperament and his tendency to post things and then remove them, this is not going to work, and I propose that we part company here.

9. Syntaxerror

Syntaxerror New Member

10. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    what's the deal with the ".." responses?

11. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    I think he edited all of his posts (or most of them). It's fairly a common practice for those that seek a divorce from a message board. :lol:

12. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    He has edited most or all of his previous postings, removed the attachments and replaced the text by ellipses. A strange thing to do... I deleted an entire thread as there was nothing left but two replies of mine. I think I will disable his account now, unless Robert disagrees with that.

13. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    After discussing with Robert, I have removed guisong's account. With all due respect for his capabilities as a pianist and composer, we believe his attitude makes him unsuitable for this site.

14. joeisapiano

joeisapiano New Member Piano Society Artist

Piano Student
    Last Name:
    Kingma
    First Name:
    Joseph
    shoot, i miss everything...