Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Submissions and recording tips

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by robert, Jun 15, 2006.

1. nedyuen

nedyuen New Member

Could anyone please recommend voice-editting software that can create a grand piano effect? I am using Upright piano and the sound is not 'grand' enough. Any software can manipulate the voice to grand piano texture? Thank you!

2. fluterific00

fluterific00 Member

Private Piano Teacher College Piano Teacher Accomp
    Home Page:
    Sometimes my audacitiy does not always want to record. The sound will stop working occassionally. My piano is getting tuned tomorrow! Hope it makes a good difference on quality. And yes, I would like to know if there is a way to edit the sound to a more mellow sound. My piano is sort of bright, and the keys are light weight, yet I prefer heavy keys. This site is great for us to have a goal to work on something. I may record something simple and post it on works in progress forum after the tuning and some tweaking on recording setup so that it sounds more like the mellow sound. I've thought to have audicity running on the couch, my zoom runnning on the table or somewhere, and an mp3 recorder on my phone running. I haven't figured out how I will gell all those sounds, or just figure on planning which recording to use. I need to really rework my recital, and maybe I can replace my recital recordings with what I have. My recital was in 2007 and it is now 2015. I have bits and pieces of my recital still memorized, but need to polish it. I could record it so the slip I had isn't in there. Perhaps my cousin and I could digitally record our violin piano/duet. Audacity sometimes makes me loose my sound on my computer. Have you had that trouble before? I don't currently have a sound icon, and I did not uninistall the sound. Cortana can't hear me either. So, making a recording isn't working currently.