Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

"Solfeggietto - New version"

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by mgasilva, Mar 12, 2008.

1. mgasilva

mgasilva New Member

Physician
    Hello,

For those interested, a new version of C.P.E. Bach's Solfeggio no. 2 in C minor, "Solfeggietto".

This alternate interpretation at a slower speed (I believe) gives a completely different meaning to the music.

Please tell me which version you like the most.

Again, any criticism will be welcome.

Marcelo

C.P.E. Bach - Solfeggietto in C minor ( 1:09 )

2. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    I personally liked the fast one better. :D But others will probably disagree with me...

3. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    I think a third recording will be the best. This is a little slow (vivace) but the first recording was too fast (molto pressitissimo). Somewhere in between this recording and your first will be ideal.

4. mgasilva

mgasilva New Member

Physician
    Video on YouTube

I get it.

Maybe this video I had uploaded to YouTube will be closer to the ideal tempo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDQdJeNiNY

Please bear in mind that that is a home recording, and the quality is not as good as the audio files I had submitted.

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I like the second recording much better that the first, and did not find it too slow. Seems to be no reason this little piece should be rattled off like there was no tomorrow.
    Very slight rhythmic issues do become apparent at this slower speed though. Some groups are not 100% even. But then, few things are perfect. Is there an accelerando in the score of could you simply not resist speeding up to the old tempo at the end ?

You asked about the criteria for admission to PS. That is simple. At least one decent recording, whivh we have here, and a biography and (optionally) photo. If you post this here, we can put you up the site as a pianist.

6. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    I agree to techneut. There are some rhythmic problems, but it´s better than your record of the Bach-prelude. I like more the slower version.

7. mgasilva

mgasilva New Member

Physician
    Bio/Photo

Thank you again, especially techneut, terez, musicusblau and juufa72 for all the advice. You guys have been like teachers to me.

Here is a small bio if you will be kind enough to accept me as a member.

My name is Marcelo Góes Alves da Silva and I was born in Salvador, capital city of Bahia, one of the states in northeastern Brazil. I started studying classical guitar at age of 7 in one of the most traditional private music schools in my hometown. At age of 9 I switched to the Piano and started taking lessons in the extension program of Federal University of Brazil in Bahia (UFBa). At age 17, having finished middle school I went to pursue medical school. During college, I played professionaly as an accompanist and soloist in weddings, graduations and social events, as well as in a couple of restaurants and cafés.

Since graduation from medical school, having decided to pursue a career in medicine, I have played only privately but have never stopped practicing completely. I am interested in the Baroque period, Chopin, Beethoven and Brazilian composers such as Villa-Lobos and Ernesto Nazareth.

Not being able to dedicate my self full-time to music, I know that progress tends to be very slow but I am always open to criticism, for that is the only way to evolve. Therefore feel free to comment on any of my recordings you listen to here.

Thank you very much again for letting me be part of the site.

Attached is a picture of myself which if possible I would like to be shown with the bio.

Marcelo

8. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    You are now a pianist on the site, Marcelo. Welcome to PS. Please check your page and the links to see if all is in good order.

9. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Since you like Nazareth, and in case you don’t already know this, one of our members has put up a lot of Nazareth. His name is Alexandre Dias (a compatriot of yours).

10. mgasilva

mgasilva New Member

Physician
    OK!

Techneut, it certainly is. Thank you again. :)

Pianolady, yes, I know Dias's work and admire it greatly.