Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Shostakovich: op. 34, No. 1, Prelude in C Major

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by John Robson, Nov 10, 2008.

1. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's back! I had the carpal tunnel surgery on October 21 as well as surgery for nerve and ligament damage in my wrist. I still have to wear a wrist brace for another week. Then I'll have physical therapy for a week or two. But I'm so very happy with the results already. I can even play pieces which aren't too technically difficult. I'm supposed to move my fingers, but not the wrist. Sooooooooooooo.............I've started playing not-too-demanding pieces. Here's one. I hope it's okay.

By the way, I was very nervous about the surgery. However, I highly recommend it if you can find a doctor who specializes in orthopedic surgery of the arm. The results of the nerve and ligament surgery are not known for sure yet, but I have a good feeling about it. :)

Shostakovich: Op. 34, No. 1 Prelude in C Major

When I first read this piece, along with a few of the other Op. 34 preludes, they just didn't make any sense to me. Now I'm appreciating them more and more.

Shostakovich - Prelude Op.34 No. 1 ( 1:31 )

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    And finally, the Robson Kid returns :D

Believe it or not, I was thinking of you around 21 october, and been meaning to send you a mail ever since. Great to hear it went well !

This recording shows you're back in the game, and will be even more so. It sounds deeper and more sonorous than you usually hear this one, more Russian. It is very nice even tough the opening notes seem a little too loud. I have put it on the site right away.

3. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Hey John! Happy to see you back to recording (and recording DSCH). I'll listen to it tomorrow, now it's late and I'm going to bed. I've come here just to drop you a line and say hello. :D

4. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi John,

This is to wish you a complete and speedy recovery from your surgery. Best of luck on that and your PT! It's great that you can safely play the piano so soon afterward. The Shostakovich Prelude sounded really good.

David :)

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi John,
    I'm very glad everything has worked out for you. This sounded very nice, but I think it cut off too soon at the end.

6. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Prelude

Thanks for listening. I'm not at all satisfied with this post, but it will have to do for a while at least. Perhaps in a few months, one of the staff will allow me to do it over.