Thank you to all those who donated in 2015!

DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 595

Shostakovich, Concerto for Piano,Trumpet, and Strings Op.35

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I much enjoyed this. An extremely accomplished performance both frm the soloist and the orchestra.

This track is tagged as a Live Recording, but if it was not for a few coughs during the second half I would be hard pressed to believe this is anything but a high-tech studio recording ... I found it strange that not a cough or rustle was heard between the movements, I suppose that was edited out as was any final applause ? Also, the strings are extremely good and precise for a body of 'Lebanese mized strings' - which from the name I assume to be an ad-hoc ensemble. Certainly worlds apart from the accompaniment in previous recordings. Intrigueing !

Can you give some more details about where, when and how this was recorded ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your compliment,

Shostakovich, Concerto for Piano, Trumpet, and Strings Op.35 Live recording

Setrak Setrakian Piano, Yesai Adadjian Trumpet with Lebanese mixed Strings, Conducted by Setrak Setrakian

All players are Lebanese professors, most oif them are living out of Lebanon because of the war, Recording is Live in concert year 2000, recording technician remove from finale applause and clean some public noises.

4. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    http://pianosociety.com
    WLM:
    robertstahlbrand@hotmail.com
    Again, this is a wonderful concerto with one of my favourite modern composers!

Very good sound quality indeed for being live. If one listen to the recording in headphones, you can hear some noice now and then but you will also notice that the sound technican has put in a lot work on putting the instruments in different locations between left and right. There must also be a lot of different microphones catching the sound. Really professional and good enough for a CD!

The recording is up on the site.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once more thank you,

I hope I can have this concerto on a CD with Label.

6. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Shostakovich

Thanks again for a great performance of a wonderful composition. I'm sorry for gushing so, but I'm amazed. Wonderful!