Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Searching a digital around 2000 Euro

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by hyenal, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Syntaxerror

Syntaxerror New Member

Yes, there is a difference, and I cannot really point out what it is. It's not the missing resonance effects like with the internal recorder; maybe it comes from my recording equipment.

I'm glad I could help you finding your ideal DP! :D

2. hyenal

hyenal New Member Piano Society Artist

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Yes, that was really helpful to me and I appreciate it very much!!
    When I buy CA71, I'll think of your kindness whenever I play on that ;)

3. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    and I bought me a CA71 :D !
    After a long waiting it finally stands in my room since yesterday evening. (Until it came, I could borrow a portable piano (YAMAHA P-85) from the piano trader.)
    I think it will take me some time to find a suitable setting though the Virtual Technician function.
    However, to have a piano in my own room is wonderful! I always had to go out to play the piano and continuously to check the availability of the room where the piano stands, but now I don't need to do that :) Besides, I always had to be careful not to disturb others by my playing, but not now!
    Let's see whether I'll be satisfied by the instrument itself and it'll yield a satisfying recording quality.

How are you doing, guys? Thorsten, do you have already the new semester? (here the new semester begins on the comming monday) What are you playing nowadays? Sarah, are you still in a "piano heaven"? :)

4. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    congratulations, Hye-Jin!

now I'll be able to listen to your Rachmaninov-Bach! :D
    (I love that transcription of the prelude so much)

5. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thanks, Felipe! But the piano is not mine yet. I'll pay for it in installments and I haven't paid even the first one :wink: (my poor husband... :lol: )
    After listening to Biret's recording I think I need a long time to play that piece properly... (She is just amazing, thanks Felipe) When you like the piece so much, I should ask you when I need to hear other's opinion about the piece. Can I?

6. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Felipe, BTW you can watch someone playing the Franck's P, Ch and Fugue on medici.tv

"Dear Internet Viewers,

Mercredi 21 octobre à 20h, suivez gratuitement sur www.medici.tv le récital du jeune pianiste Jean-Frédéric Neuburger, en direct de l’Auditorium du Louvre !

Ce concert sera également diffusé sur www.louvre.fr et www.francemusique.com.
    On Wednesday 21 October at 6 p.m. GMT, you can take in live and for free on www.medici.tv the recital by the young pianist Jean-Frédéric Neuburger at the Auditorium du Louvre in Paris!

The concert will also be broadcast on www.louvre.fr and www.francemusique.com.

neuburger

Ce génie du piano, qui a travaillé avec les plus grands maîtres et qui a rafflé non moins de 4 prix au Concours Marguerite Long en 2004, interprétera le magnifique Prélude, Choral et Fugue de César Franck, des Nocturnes de Gabriel Fauré, ou encore la célèbre sonate Hammerklavier de Beethoven.

Une soirée exceptionnelle à ne pas rater qui restera disponible gratuitement en VOD sur www.medici.tv pendant 60 jours.
    This genius of the piano, who has been studying with many great masters and who won no less than 4 prizes at the famous piano competition Marguerite Long in 2004, will perform César Franck’s beautiful Prelude, Choral and Fugue, 2 Nocturnes by Gabriel Fauré and Beethoven’s Hammerklavier sonata.

Don’t miss this exceptional event ! The concert will be available in VOD, free of charge, on www.medici.tv for a period of 60 days."

7. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    sure!
    but... can I say EVERYTHING? I may be nitpick... :oops:

let me explain... if I was playing this prelude... I'd sure not be able to play like I'd like. I might play well, but not as perfect as it could be. so maybe I would exaggerate in my opinion, demanding too much. hehe

okay.
    let's do the following...
    I may say things reasonable and necessary, and those that are too nitpicking, I tell you, so you can ignore them (as I would if I was playing it, due to may own technical limitations). hehe

PS: thanks for the Medici.tv

8. sarah

sarah New Member

Many congratulations, Hye-Jin! I am so thrilled and excited for you. I can't wait for the opportunity to listen to some of your new recordings. :wink:

Yes, I am still in piano heaven. :lol: Sometimes I just sit on the sofa beside it and look at it! Now that I have it and am accustomed to it I should be able to open the studio next spring (although I'm already working with seven students to get some much-needed experience).

9. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Oh I'm very happy to read that you have a piano now. What are you going to study next (Bach-Rachmaninoff apart, I mean)?

10. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Actually I thought of exchanging opinions about interpretations before I make an (even informal) recording of that. As I started learning this some months ago, there are some spots I cannot understand very well. Anyway I'll study this further and let's see what a development I could make.
    Besides have you studied the other two pieces in the suite? I think they are also very beautiful.

11. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thanks Sarah! Best wishes to preparing for opening the studio!!
    This is actually what I want to say :wink:

12. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thanks Alfonso :D Now I have one, so you don't need to bring your stage piano when you come to me to play together :wink:
    I started practicing the second Scherzo of Chopin again and as a new piece Mozart's sonata KV 310. The latter (esp. the first mov.) I played a lot as a child , but now I'd like to treat this work more seriously.
    And you, Alfonso? Nachtstücke of Schumann? You're a bit quiet on the forum nowadays. So I supposed you're very busy.

13. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I haven't studied any of them, not even the prelude I love so much. hehe
    I felt lazy, so I chose to play the much easier Siloti transcription (though I must re-record it, because there are ugly mistakes in my recording).

14. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    I feel a bit relieved, it could have been a problem. :lol:

Mozart is so easy to play when you are a child, and so difficult when you are an adult!

Yes, I'm slowly putting on the second NS and I want to re-record the other three. I am also studying one P&F from the WTK II and one Schubert-Liszt. But the main project remains to finish my Triakontameron pieces. I'm going to post No.12 in a few days.

15. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    :oops: :oops: Sorry about the foolish idea... I just wanted to take advantage of a "stage piano" :wink:

That's what I many time heard, and what I would easily agree to. But suddenly I'd like to ask exactly why it is so. Mozart is surely not very demanding in the technical aspect (well... I must admit for my untrained fingers already difficult), so a child can play him without a big problem. But what in Mozart is so difficult for an adult? I just realized that I don't have the answer now. Finally I don't know him well... :roll:

Oh, which Schubert-Liszt? I like to hear a trancription!!!

16. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    I just listened to the recording. I like the transcription and I find your rcording very sonorous and with much energy. A question: Is there another piece besides the violin partita in which Bach used the music of the Sinfonia from the cantata BWV 29?

17. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Ha, that's true, but my car is small! :x

I believe that as an adult (of course I'm speaking of a musically mature pianist) one understands that in Mozart there's much more going on than up-and-down runs and catchy tunes.

I'll just tell you it's not a famous one. The original is, though.

18. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    yes, there is!
    if I'm not mistaken, Bach used this same piece in a Lute Suite. :wink:

it's easy to be a composer this way, isn't it? you write a single piece and use it whenever you want it! hahaha