DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Scriabin - Etude Op. 8 No. 12

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I've found back a recording of last year. This is also taped with a handycam, so the sound quality isn't very good. It's not the best recording (I used too much rubato and I had a stupid memory lapse in the retake of the main theme), but hey, it's live and I survived :) ...

Greetings,
    Frederic

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very musically played and also Vladimir Horowitz didn´t play all notes correct. I like this Etüde of Scriabin very much and know the problems very good so i can say "congratulations" to your performance.

Markus Brylka

3. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    http://pianosociety.com
    WLM:
    robertstahlbrand@hotmail.com
    I agree as this is really a difficult and popular etude. You handle it rather well and express it musically good. Not all keys are correct but with all these fast chords, it is easy to miss some. There is a pretty severe flaw at 1:55 which makes you hesitate and also in the end, there are pretty many notes wrong and you also slip in time. But as I hear it, it should not be impossible for you to create a decent recording.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I agree: there are many many slips in the piece and indeed: the memory lapse at 1:55 isn't very flattering:oops: . I sended these live posts with inferior quality, because I don't have any "real" recordings, only tapes of my parents who had filmed me. I don't know much of how making a proper recording with good equipment, so I'll have to find out how I must do that. But in the vacation, I'll work on it :D .