DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 825

Schupert Impromptu op. 90 G flat no. 3 andante

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have recorded Schubert's Impromptu some mistakes at the end because i still cannot play the end, but listen PLEASE... :D

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oww.... I've heard 100-year old recordings that sound way better than this. How do you do it !?

Insofar as it can be heard, your playing is not at all bad. But you use way too much pedal, creating huge blurs, and way too much rubato, slowing down almost to a standstill between phrases. Some rubato is allowed and desired of course, to avoid monotony, but not this much (and not as an excuse to overcome places where you feel uncomfortable. The couple of mistakes were not too distracting, and the trills sounded well executed. The ending was a bit fumbled but that will come in time.

But really, you must provide an acceptable sound quality before submitting any more. This stresses the ears too much and is not nice to listen to. Which is a shame, as you can definitely play this piece !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your comment, of course i will go on with exercising, thanks for the advices. Yes, my recordings are bad, but a digital recorder is expensive, nobody in my relationship has one...
    Hm, how should I use the pedal? Every second bash? I used it every bass note...
    I will try to delete the stops. :)

4. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    http://pianosociety.com
    WLM:
    robertstahlbrand@hotmail.com
    I think you play it rather well but unfortunately, the sound quality takes down the total impression. A digital recorder is not really that expensive, expecially if you compare with a piano or grand.

5. MindenBlues

MindenBlues New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Schmidt
    First Name:
    Olaf
    http://www.family-schmidt-minden.de
    When I try to exclude the poor recording (for what you can't blamed) and only listen to your playing itself, it sounds beautiful to me. You phrase the melody lyrical and I don't find your rubato too exxagerated. It fits well the melody bows. And the dynamics are there too.

I find it also ok to push the pedal every bass note, at least I would do it the same way as you do.

However your piano sounds in itself blurred, as if the dampers don't work right so that the strings swing all the time. It sounds to me just like an old upright with upper dampers (the old fashioned style where the dampers are close to the bridge and don't damp that strong). Is it such a piano or something else (I am just curious)? Or maybe it's the recording stuff and piano tuning, I dunno.

Yes, if you could rerecord it on a grand in good condition, it would be great.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My piano looks like this: http://images.dhd24.com/9682169.jpg

Hm, I haven't checked my piano since almost two years...
    Yes, I should look after my friend, that should destroy the problem.

I am still arguable at some places, I play the piece since four weeks...

Thanks for the comments, I'm very pleased^^.

7. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I like the way you played this. Nice and passionate. Dynamics were there and your phrasing is fine. Could not tell about the pedalling but to me it was ok.