Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Robert Schumann, Dichterliebe, op. 48, no. 3, 4, 5

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by musicusblau, Jan 8, 2016.

1. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Dear friends of piano music,
    for a change Michael Schönfelder and me, we have recorded three Lieder from "Dichterliebe", op. 48, by Robert Schumann.
    Comments are very very much appreciated as always! :)

Here are the mp3-files:
    Schumann-op.48-3-Pfaul-Schönfelder.mp3 (Nr. 3, Die Sonne, die Lilie, die Taube, die Sonne)
    Schumann-op.48-4-Pfaul-Schönfelder.mp3 (Nr. 4, Wenn ich in deine Augen seh´)
    Schumann-op.48-5-Pfaul-Schönfelder.mp3 (Nr. 5, Ich will meine Seele tauchen)

Here are the links to the videos with exactly the same audio-track as in the mp3-files:
    (Nr. 3, Die Sonne, die Lilie, die Taube, die Sonne)
    (Nr. 4, Wenn ich in deine Augen seh´)
    (Nr. 5, Ich will meine Seele tauchen)

Attached Files:

2. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    These are up and I have created a sub-page for the "Dichterliebe" on the Schumann-page. Please, report, if links are not working, but I think, Richard has fixed all problems very well now. Thank you very much for that, Richard! :)

3. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hello Andreas,
    Beautiful tiny pieces ! You make a really good duo with your friend Michael. I have only one reservation, dealing with the tempo elasticity in the #3. I think it is too much. I had a look on the score. Yes there are two indications for 'ritardando', and Schumann apparently omitted the 'a tempo' indication afterward. But, on the other hand, in this type of music, where a real change in tempo is wished, then the type of musical writing for the acompaniment is modified. Here, it is the same all the piece along. So that I think only slight ritardandos followed by a quick return to the original tempo should be adopted. And your accelerando in the last measures of the lied does not seem justified to me. If you have an opportunity to re-record it, I think it would be good, because the rest is just neat ! By the way, the sound is also very pleasant, with good reverberation and equilibrium between voice and piano.

4. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for your advice, Francois! :) Yes, I think, I will suggest to Michael to change that.

I´m very glad you like it like this. I have put some work to improve the sound in that sense! :)

Thank you very much for your comment, I´m glad also to get some critical remarks and suggestions for improvement! For me that is also an important sense of this site.

I would generally wish for more contribution here in AR by other members, too. Hopefully it will become better, when the building up of the new site is finished. Btw, today I have finished with copying over the composer-links and child nodes! :)