Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

RE: pianoteq and other software synths/VSTs

Discussion in 'General' started by s_winitsky, Feb 11, 2009.

1. s_winitsky

s_winitsky Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

programmer
    Last Name:
    Winitsky
    First Name:
    Stan
    In the above case it was actually all real-time. I used pianoteq and the ASIO drivers which at least seemed to have no noticeable latency (admittedly my first time using pianoteq.) I admit you may get different results with different software and hardware configs.

Also you will see on the pianoteq website youtube videos of people using a similar config with no noticeable latency playing in real time. Not that I am trying to promote pianoteq!

I would say though there was no post editing in my recording above. Just a different piano sound then usual. I realize this is a bit of a touchy topic… Just an amateur piano player trying to get a nice recording :)

2. fluterific00

fluterific00 Member

Private Piano Teacher College Piano Teacher Accomp
    Home Page:
    midi

I have also just been playing with this, and I can use it with FruityLoops on my desktop and that's pretty fun. Then I also have finale on my laptop. I'm trying to get the usb cable to read on my windows laptop 2000. The driver 2.3.1, I believe, is installed in my laptop. It says it's working properly, but the usb cable doesn't show up in the finale2005b midi input. If you could or anyone else could help, that'd be great!
    Thanks