DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Rameau - Les rappel des oiseaux

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Biggemski, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Biggemski

Biggemski New Member

Hello!
    I am here with another spam :p
    Please, do not expect studio recording. Thank You! It is youthful and so full of mistakes:). Also little problem with recording machine occurred, but other versions I tried afterwards were worse and worse so I posted this:)
    Every comment appreciated for study purposes.
    Martin

2. cmudave1125

cmudave1125 New Member

Pianist; Financial Advisor
    Home Page:
    http://www.harrison-piano.com
    Hi Martin!
    Just listened to this with the score and I have a few comments/thoughts.
    1) I wonder how this would sound if you lightened up on the 2nd beat of each measure? The score that i am using does not indicate any accents on this beat and I think it might smooth things out a bit.
    2) I might consider carefully using a bit of pedal for color in selected places.
    3) For me, there are places which would benefit from more evenness of touch or rhythm. For example, the RH sixteenth notes beginning around measure 11 would benefit from a more even, legato touch.

It seems you are enjoying playing harpsichord repertoire! Thank you for sharing with us :)

3. Biggemski

Biggemski New Member

Dear David, thank You for Your kind comment. I will definitely consider the points You have brought forward. Yes, I would like to play harpsichord actually! I started as a pianist, now I play mostly organ, to have harpsichord would be great. Best wishes, M.

4. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Hi Martin,

I had a listen to your recording. I enjoyed listening to your performance, but note the tag guidelines for uploading mp3s here:

http://pianosociety.com/new/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5114

If you are not serious about having this piece on the main site, in the future, you can post recordings on a blank thread at the repertoire chapter of the forum.

Riley

5. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    http://francoisdelarrard.chez-alice.fr
    Martin,
    This is another nice and well-known piece of the French harpsichord repertoire, and again your interpretation is very good. With a slightly faster tempo, you would approach Marcelle Meyer's version, who remains I think THE reference for this music played on piano. Congratulations !

6. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Hi Martin,
    I enojoyed this very much. However, I agree with Francois in thinking that your performance would be a bit more songbird-like if it went just a bit faster. It is easy to see the programmatic progress from this work to one like Debussy's Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune.

7. Biggemski

Biggemski New Member

Hello,
    I forced myself to record another one, not at all perfect. I guess I need to practice little more to post some serious version. This is wild:). I think still have much unnecessary "pianistic" habits of useless movements of hands. My professor teaches technique to have almost still hand, focused on, just the fingers playing from the joints, its efficient organ (harpsichord) style. I think it would be good to employ it for this piece, not to be so excited, spaced out and... erroneous:).