Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Rachmaninoff pieces - Hector Sanchez

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by hectorjs, Mar 28, 2008.

1. hectorjs

hectorjs New Member Piano Society Artist

Pianist. Chamber Music Professor, Conservatory of
    Last Name:
    Sanchez
    First Name:
    Hector
  2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Beautiful playing, Hector. I have put them up on the site. However, something funny happened with the timing of all three pieces. The file came up with a number, but the actual recording is longer. I'm sort of confused with this and put in the number and seconds that actually played on my computer, not what the file showed. Does that make sense? Maybe you should check the times you have on these and let me know if I need to change anything.

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Shame on you ! Depriving us of great recordings like this. And what a poor excuse :wink:

And good they are. The lyrical Rachmaninov here, rather than the barnstorming virtuoso. Quite some slips in the Op.39 No.8 but I understand that. It's a devilishly difficult piece even if it does not quite sound it. The Prelude and Daisies are beautifully done. Lovely playing throughout !

Same happened to me. I found that the mp3's had been encoded with non-standard parameters (custom bitrate) and that causes players, as well as Windows Explorer, to display way too long timings. I have corrected the timings on the site, though not the files themselves.

4. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    That was wonderful, Hector!! Beautiful, meaningful and profound. Rachmaninoff is always great but there are some of his pieces that are so beautiful they transcend this mortal plane and become something spiritual. That prelude for me is one of his stunning triumphs. Well done. well done.

5. Mr Duffy

Mr Duffy New Member

welcome back! the prelude climax is really something!!!
    thanks Mr Duffy

6. christoff

christoff New Member

Telecom Engineer
    Home Page:
    Hello Hector,

I love your musicality, the some slips are not really a problem.
    Keep your beautiful sound !

Christophe

7. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    To op. 38, 3: very expressively played, very good piano and rubatos, very interesting and soundfull arrangement.
    to op. 39, 8: very soundfull, differenciated in dynamics and musically played. Every notes seems to be at the right place.
    To op. 32, 10: This is one of my favorites of Rachmaninof. There is a very impressive record of Benno Moisewitsch, who was a friend of Rachmaninof. Moisewitsch said, that the main-idea of this piece is "return" and Rachmaninof admitted, that this would be exactly his idea, when he wrote this piece. When we think of his living in emigration this is very impressing and touching.
    To your interpretation: very deep and differenciated in dynamics and expression. It has exactly the right tempo IMO. Your forte (or ff) is as constantly and well as your piano.

For me there is no doubt: you are an excellent pianist, profound, precise and very musical. I love these records!

8. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    This was a truly wonderful performance and these Rach pieces are masterfully interpreted! I fully understands the audience's stormy applause at the end and was about to join them here at home ;).

Perhaps it is the sound quality of the recording but it sounds like you have a somewhat soft tone which I like very much together with the lyrical and bell sounding Rachmaninov. It seems to fit well with your way of playing. Your way of using the dynamics, rubato and bringing out the inner voices along with accented notes proves a very well planned interpretation and concentration when you play.

Your music made my day! Thank you!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing playing, and the recording is at the same astronomic level.
    Thank you for sharing and congratulations,
    Sandro

10. hectorjs

hectorjs New Member Piano Society Artist

Pianist. Chamber Music Professor, Conservatory of
    Last Name:
    Sanchez
    First Name:
    Hector
    Thanks everyone!
    wow...
    I know I said "i hope you enjoy them", but I wasn't really expecting them to be so well-received... your comments make me think I should consider learning more rachmaninoff pieces.
    THanks for the encouragement!
    All the best to everyone,
    Hector