Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Printers

Discussion in 'General' started by pianolady, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 88man

88man Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Vosgerichian
    First Name:
    George
    Monica, if you're printing only B&W, then a laser printer is the best. I used an HP Office Laserjet for 10 years continuously in my office, and after 120,000 pages, I finally replaced it with another HP Laser printer. I do a lot of photo printing, an if you want a printer that also does photos Epson is #1, then Canon is a very close #2.

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Well, so far I am liking my Canon. No problems yet, but I did just replace the black ink cartridge. Also, it does make a lot of click clickety noise like what is described in that site that Henri posted (which is btw very funny - I just forgot to say that earlier.) Maybe my next printer will be a laser printer. Be interesting (to me) to see how it takes me to kill one of those.

3. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    I realize this is an inactive topic, but thought I'd offer a comment anyway. I love my HP Deskjet 6940. I do almost all of my printing using the draft option which saves a lot of ink. Last week I learned that HP had recently discontinued manufacturing the 6940, but found it was still available online. So I ordered a new one (as a backup should the old one croak someday as it's getting old), and stashed it in the basement. :)

UPDATE: Recently the old HP 6940 took its last gasp and had to go to the landfill. The new one is now out of storage, set up, and delivering excellent service with no learning curve necessary on my part. So my replacement strategy worked ever so well and was timely too! :D

David