Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Post your own picture here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Haha got you there didn't we ! :lol:

2. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    Yea, that's what happens when women post pictures of corsets :wink: Maybe to get back on topic, I should post a picture of my Scooby Doo boxer briefs :lol:

3. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    ... so ... many ... jokes ..... NAKED BANANA, NAKED BANANA! :D

4. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Maybe we should have a forum exclusively devoted to corsets and other garments :lol:

5. nathanscoleman

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    I could send you some bookmarks, Chris! :roll: :p :twisted:

6. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I have no doubt you know them all :p

7. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Oh, seems that I neglected this topic for some time :). Well, quite out of track as usual :).

Yes Chris, you really lost some weight there and that reminds me that I should too. But you should quit the habit of looking down on the pedals man. Must be difficult to find your way back to the score ;). Or is it that you nowadays can look at the pedal without something getting in the way?

Card tricks Austin! Used to be my favorite hobby and bored my family to death when having them as test audience. Care to change one?

Terez. Woma! Don't make the men (possible women) too unfocused on the piano. There might be a stop in the incoming recordings...or we get recordings of a different kind.

Anyway, always nice to see the faces behind the nicknames!

8. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Woo, OT! Who are your favorites? :D I like Adams, Gaiman, Jordan, Martin, and Erikson the best. I'm more into fantasy than sci-fi, but I like both.

9. nathanscoleman

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Terez, marry me ... marry me now! :p

Me too, really ... but I read both. I worship the ground Jordan walks on ... er walked, I guess. I'm still bummed out about him dying. But I'm a major WOTfreak, I stopped counting how many times I'd read the series on the 15th. So, care to swap Asmodean theories? lol Favorite character, gotta be Nynaeve. I know, lame ... but I cry every time she gets past her block the first time. *sigh*

Gaiman - I loved American Gods ... brilliant idea, wonderfully worked out. Dunno if I've read any more of his.

I'm really into the modern day fantasy at moment. You know, Laurell K. Hamilton (c'mon, you had to know I'd read her! the most perverted author on the planet ... I mean seriously, it's like Penthouse for Vampires :lol: ) And I love Jim Butcher's Wizard Dresden series ... but the SciFi channel's series was a joke.

As I'm typing this, the kids have LOTR playing, Gandalf just died! hehe

Ever read Guy Gavriel Kay? His Fionmar series is really nice.

Did I mention how great Robert Jordan is? Seriously, most useless death ever. Someone's gonna finish the series though. Harriet picked out who it'll be, and supposedly he left a lot of notes about how to wrap up story lines while at the Mayo clinic.

Ok, I've rhapsodized enough.

10. diminished2nd

diminished2nd New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Kendrick
    First Name:
    Austin
    Hahaha yes my family gets really bored being test dummies too.

Yeah one of my favourite tricks to do is one where the spectator puts the card in the deck, and then when they look up finally you're holding the card in your mouth by it's corner... It's a really funny trick because everybody but the person you're doing the trick for (if there are other people watching) can see exactly when you put the card in your mouth because it's not even a sleight!

11. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    lol...you're already married! With 4 kids! Jeez...or close to 4 anyway :p

Me too! I have over 7000 posts at Theoryland. That should tell you something...I'm probably one of the foremost scholars of the books on the web.

Yeah, I lost count a long time ago as well. I have all the books on computer, too, and since I discuss the books daily on Theoryland, there are some parts I've read probably close to 100 times...are you a WoTmaniac? I never post there (hate the layout!)....but I'm thinking you'd know me if you posted at Dragonmount, cause I have posted there at least a little bit.

Ha! This is how I feel about Asmodean. :lol: Though I have been arguing that Aviendha did it lately...just for the hell of it...

I love Nynaeve, too. Even more lame...my favorite is Rand. Just because I love digging deep into his psychology. :)

I've read AG (very good) and also Neverwhere and Stardust (both good fairy tales - very cleverly written) and Good Omens, which he wrote with Terry Pratchett. That book was awesome. :D Oh, and Anansi Boys, which was kinda a sequel to American Gods. It was good. :)

I haven't read either of those.

He's been recommended to me by some fellow Theorylanders, but I haven't gotten around to him yet. Perhaps I should...but I'm so busy with school!

Yeah, I was the one to post the news at Theoryland...as soon as it came out. :D I'm planning on reading Elantris and Mistborn, to get an idea of how he writes.

12. nathanscoleman

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Me too. I'm taking the kids to library on Wednesday so I'm gonna look for him then. I'm quite excited. And I love that you're on dragonmount. They take themselves a bit too seriously for me, so I'm a wotmaniac. They're a little more forgiving of my, er, shall we call them off-center?, proclivities. :p

Wasn't aware of Theoryland actually, but I joined just cause you're there. I'll lurk later.

This conversation is gonna make me start reading series again. I've been trying to hold out, get some other reading done. *sigh* so much for seeing my fourth-born, Jordan is calling ... BTW, how geekdom is this? our firstborn's name, Therin. Second-born: Matrim. Third: Aryth ... and this one's gonna be: Moiraine.

LOLOL .... geek out, baby!

13. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    That's precisely why I rarely post there. We've been accused of the same thing at Theoryland, but really....those guys are over the top with arrogance, and refusing to look at points of view other than their own. I just figured if you were a regular, you would have noticed the few times that I posted there, because I got into it with Luckers, RAW, and that Majsju guy. :D

weeeee! You should join the forums if you haven't already, because that's where all the action is. theoryland.com is just for formal theory posting and factions and such. I rarely post there. Anyway, just go over to the forums and start a random controversial topic. It will be fun. :D

That's seriously geeky. I have actually been considering getting a tattoo since RJ died. I've never wanted one before, just because there was nothing I quite liked enough to get tattooed on me forever. But WoT definitely meets those standards...

14. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Okay, no more OT. :) Here's another, more modest pic of myself:

[​IMG]

I have since got all of the crap off of mom's piano so it can be opened properly. :D

15. chopinman0901

chopinman0901 New Member

Ooo! I have those two books on the right, the Preludes & Etudes, and the Ballades, Impromptus, & Sonatas one. Just thought I might point that out, although none of you probably care. :roll:

16. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    I have all the books in the Dover edition, and a few Peters edition, and a few Schirmer. :D

17. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Look at those nice little Chopins behind you. :lol: That's why I like the Dover editions best.

18. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Me too. I had to set up the shrine for the pic. :D

19. nathanscoleman

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    I have all the Dover Debussy editions and love them ... I just got a Liszt Dover, the paganinni and concert etudes

20. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    I hope you will put them to good use. not some perverted (kinky) usage.