Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

pieces for 2008

Discussion in 'Repertoire' started by amelialw, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Yeah, I know it, and yeah, it's awesome...but it's far from the easiest etude. :p Those left hand runs are no joke...either the little ones or the big ones. :D

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I know what you mean. All of those runs are giving me trouble. If Chopin is 'up there' listening, he probably has his fingers in his ears, because I'm pretty terrible. :lol:

3. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Be especially careful on the second page (every edition I've ever seen has the same page divisions) - it's highly chromatic, and an easy spot to make reading errors. lol...I'm sure you knew that already, but I've heard this performed with apparent reading errors that became habitual several times by several different pianists.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi! I'm new to the forum but i have been visiting piano society for a year now.

Currently among many things I am working on the 1st and 2nd mvts of Mozarts Sonata K.333, i've already got the third down. I am also learning the 2nd mvt of Beethoven's Sonata No. 27 op 90.

I have my senior recital in late may where i am going to playing "Three Preludes" by Kent Kennan and "The White Peacock" by Griffes. I am going to need all the luck i can get with the last two! :wink:

5. PJF

PJF New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Fournet
    First Name:
    Pierre
    You wouldn't happen to be a student at Loyola, would you?

Pete