Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Discussion in 'General' started by pianoman342, Dec 27, 2014.

1. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Hi Pianosociety Friends,

I am pleased to announce a music project I am working on now called "Out of This World"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ultimatum/out-of-this-world-jazz-music

I have modeled my pieces loosely after Ned Gerhart's "Standards," which are mostly miniature pieces. One thing about playing the guitar is I have tried to use the piano technique of legato by sliding from note to note on the fretboard! I also have found while playing guitar is that it seems to be an easier instrument for chromatic passages. Anyways, I hope you can enjoy these pieces!

2. hreichgott

hreichgott New Member

I didn't know you played guitar. I like the pieces, they're simple and laid-back. By "backing tracks" do you mean that you recorded several layers of yourself playing?
    Good luck with the project. I'm your first backer :)

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi Riley,
    I didn't know you played guitar, either!
    These are two nice pieces. I really like the second one!

4. pianoman342

pianoman342 Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Tucker
    First Name:
    Riley
    Heather and Monica,

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks Heather for donating! Re backing tracks, I am just playing the melody on my guitar, so everything else is being played by a MIDI file. So I say backing track because, like those street buskers who play the "karaoke version" of a violin concerto, while they play the violin or whatever instrument, I am just playing one little line :) I have a bluetooth speaker that, though small, can actually give really good quality sound with adequate bass. I think if I was to perform these live I would use that along with my Marshall pocket guitar amp.

2% funded and 27 days to go!!!