DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Oscar Esplá

Discussion in 'Repertoire' started by pianolady, Mar 3, 2010.

1. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Driving home last night in my car I heard a piano piece on the radio that piqued my interest. I didn't catch the name of the composer, but fortunately my classical radio station lists their playlist online so I learned that the name was Oscar Esplá. I've never heard of him before so I looked him up and discovered that he is a Spanish composer. Figures! Seems I am always drawn to Spanish piano music. Then I found two pieces of Esplá online and one of them is so beautiful - I can't wait to get it down in my fingers!! I'm so excited - I love when this happens!

But what I can't find online anywhere is his set called "Levante". It's a set of 10 short pieces - two of them are what I heard on the radio last night, and I'd really like to get the scores. If anyone has this music and wants to sell it to me, that would be great. Or if you know where I can buy it, please let me know.

2. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    That's strange. I found these, both Europe based. There are others though.

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/024793/details.html
    http://www.di-arezzo.co.uk/sheet+music/ ... 1f4494c753

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Wow, that was fast! Thanks you very much, Alfonso. I did not see that di-arezzo site, but I did see the musicroom site except all I pulled up was a different book. Anyway, I just ordered the book I wanted - they say I should receive it in three weeks. Yippeee! :D