DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 750

Not a good thing. A curious question.

Discussion in 'The Piano' started by YoungPianoVirtuoso, Dec 1, 2011.

1. YoungPianoVirtuoso

YoungPianoVirtuoso New Member

Today was the worst day for me as an ameture pianist in training. The glue on the damper on F3 wore out, and the damper itself fell into the strings and is stuck between the E and D keys, which means that in order to keep from damaging something else, I CANNOT PLAY THE BOSTON STUDIO UPRIGHT that I had grown attached to. But my piano teacher says that this kind of wearing out a piano is good, signifying that it is being used for practice. Do you agree?

2. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Oh yeah. If it hurts, it works :)

3. musical-md

musical-md New Member

Physician
    IMO, glue doesn't "wear out." This was a defect of assembly that finally manifested. Like others surely, in the countless (many thousands) of hours of practicing, I have never had this happen before. Plus the forces involved would not work towards removing the damper felt, but maintaining it. Keep up the hard practicing, but this event is not related. :)

4. hreichgott

hreichgott New Member

A good piano technician will have the damper unstuck and out of there in a few minutes. Putting it (or a new one) back on is a longer job. But still. Get hold of a technician and you'll have your instrument back :)