Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

New Feature!! Coming Soon!! The Musician's Choice List

Discussion in 'General' started by aryobrand, Jun 2, 2009.

1. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    [OT] I've created the Wagner page and moved the recordings there [/OT]

2. aryobrand

aryobrand New Member

Home Page:
    Re: Just an additional note...

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

The page is already created and has a short bio and picture on it.

Wagner's Page

Sure the bio could use some fleshing out more, Mad King Ludwig, Friedrich Nietzsche, etc but it's functional enough to link up music to it.

Wagner's Music

OH!!! :D What a nice surprise! Someone did the AlbumBlatt. I'll definitely have to put listening to that in my To-Do stack (more like mountain).

I've been stealing away moments from my studies to work on a piece that Wagner wrote and arranged that's about 28 pages long if my memory serves me. [Aside for techneut: I also found various copies of another Wagner recording upon which I previously was working, but there's a mistake in each one (in a different place) and I'm a stickler for no mistakes within the main melodies/harmonies before I post. If I knew how to do so and had the equipment, I could probably splice two versions together to get a perfect cut, but am also still undecided whether I could accept that. If so, I would insist on the word "edited" attached to the title, and it would be temporary until I record it 'all of a piece', in which case I'd want to take the spliced recording down for the new one. Is this possible to remove recordings to put up better ones, etc?]

Love is the law, love under will.
    Aryobrand

3. aryobrand

aryobrand New Member

Home Page:
    Wahoo! Now there's two Wagner pages!!! :lol:

I should have included the link to the page with the bio on it in my first post, but I had thought you were already aware of it. Sorry if you had to duplicate work - I know how precious time is...

Speaking of which, back to work.
    Aryobrand

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    What the heck? First, a member prints off sheet music from our site when we don't even carry sheet music anymore, and now you (Michael) are able to access two different Wagner pages. When I click on Wagner, I get only the blank page. I must need a vacation!

5. aryobrand

aryobrand New Member

Home Page:
    Hi Monica:

We no longer carry sheet music????!!!! What brought about that change? If it's a copyright issue, the notes (Mozart's notes, von Beethoven's notes, Chopin's notes, etc) in public domain can be re-entered into a manuscript writing program and the like to even eliminate any questionable legal areas of publications copyrights. Or was this an economic decision based on increased scarcity and/or shifting demand curves?

As for the second Wagner page, from the main site just go into the Download Statistics link at the bottom. From there pick a month, any month - then look for Wagner (He was about 29 downloads last time I looked at January). Clicking that link takes one to the secret stash of Piano Society Bio pages that somehow get half-created and not linked up ... or something. I haven't checked if any other ones do that, yet. I thought it was cool when I discovered that Wagner page, and just waited patiently to see it linked up with the menu system ... and waited. I think it's cool that now there's two Wagner pages. [I think I hear Chris grumbling.]

:wink:

Tell me how the sheet music situation came about - I have as much time such that I sometimes can practice piano about four hours .....

... :cry:

.... a month!!!!!

After I finish my studies it should double my salary however, then I can finally afford a Boesendorffer Imperial Grand or one of those Microtonal Grands (maybe both?). :D (Foregoing current consumption in exchange for acquisition of human capital causing economic growth to result in final expanded possible future consumption... AAAHHHH Can you tell I've been studying too much Economics. :wink: speaking of which ... )

Aryobrand

6. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Now that IMSLP is back in town, there is no point in us carrying sheetmusic as well. IMSLP does that much better and it saves us work, diskspace, and possibly legal issues. There's also Mike Hawley's site which has almost as much as IMSLP, and then some. Anybody still doesn't know the login for that, let me know.

There's only one. You must be boss-eyed or drunk, maybe both :lol:

In the Statistics and New Recordings pages, composers that have not yet been added link to the main page. I guess this is what you saw yesterday. Now that the page is there, the link takes you there. I've also been messing with the scripts, so could be there's a temporary hiccup. But I think all is well now.

7. aryobrand

aryobrand New Member

Home Page:

Who's Mike Hawley, and what's his site?

I so wish I had the time to be drunk so maybe I'm boss-eyed, but there are still two Wagner pages. If you have a browser that uses tabs try the following experiment...
    Open up piano society in a tab and drill down to Composers>Wagner. This should display the Wagner page with linked music but no bio.
    In the other tab, click the link from my post in this forum "Wagner's Page" above. This should display the Wagner page with a short bio but no music links.
    The bio starts out
    This page has been up since I submitted the Wagner song was it a year ago now, so this is nothing new. I was just very patient before saying anything. The bio has been there for just as long, too. The only thing that's new is that now one can't go directly to a specific composers page from the download statistics - Why the change?

Aryobrand

8. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I don't know what boss-eyed means, but Michael is right about there being two Wagner pages.
    I have just now copied the bio from the 'hidden' page and pasted it on the page that opens. Then I deleted the hidden page (I think).

Michael, I also just pm'd you the login info to Hawley's site.

9. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Seems to be me that's boss-eyed or drunk, or both... I did not see that hidden page. There's now only an empty section left of it, I think you deleted the modules of the page but not the page itself.
    I have deleted it from the database directly (don't try this at home).

Cause I made a mistake while fluffing around with my shell scripts. I already fixed this yesterday.

10. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I poked around looking for a way to delete the page, but gave up. There is also another thing we should delete too.

11. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Well it's gone now. Brute force does it :lol:

And what might that be ?