DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

Need Annotated Sheet Music For School

Discussion in 'General' started by goondling, Nov 9, 2017.

1. goondling

goondling New Member

Last Name:
    Gundling
    First Name:
    Michael
    Hello everyone!

I am a computer science major at Ohio University. This year I am doing a senior design application. My team's project consists of an algorithm that takes as input an unannotated MusicXML file for piano. It then outputs the fully finger-annotated version of the file. Our problem is that we need a large dataset of fully annotated sheet music to "train" our model and these are hard to find on the web.

Does anyone know where I can acquire such a dataset of annotated sheet music? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

goondling

2. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Wright
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Youtube:
    alkanliszt
    It's going to be difficult to find *fully* annotated sheet music, as much fingering is considered implicit once you reach a certain level of piano-playing. What you could try is the university music library. It's possible that over the years various students have added their own penciled fingerings to borrowed scores. Of course you would still need to scan and convert the format.

I anticipate that you will find a higher level of fingerings in the Czerny studies, or maybe in Hanon - probably here more so than in "repertoire" pieces, as they are essentially didactic music, but even here I doubt you will get full annotations.