DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

Mystery piece

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by richard66, Jan 26, 2011.

1. richard66

richard66 Richard Willmer Piano Society Artist

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    Being innocent and full of dreams, I have been working on some pieces to submit to the Society, in the wild hope my recordings might get approved (What then? I will need to keep submitting :shock: Maybe I better change my mind while it's time! :) )

While I still have not chosen what to throw to the lions - I mean, submit to the board - (I am not really totally satisfied with what has come so far: there is always a note missing, a pause where it should not be or a wife saying dinner is ready in the 3rd beat of bar 3.654 :D ) I have recorded this little folly. I will say I ellaborated it maybe 20 years ago but I am curious - can anyone identify of what it is an ellaboration?

The winner gets a used potato chip! :evil:

Very basic technically this is:

The piano is an upright Geyer (at the time it was the only one that could negotiate the stairs into the flat).
    The recorder is a portable MP3 one placed on the sofa behind me. Normally it would be a bit further off, but as I have broken my right ankle and can only hop like a frog in springtime I had to be practical.

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    It's the Beatles, "The Long and Winding Road".

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    I'd have loved that used potato chip but I guess it was not meant to be :lol:

Richard I hope you don't go and post this kind of stuff for serious one day . . . Yeah Beatles are classical but this is not quite Our Thing.

4. richard66

richard66 Richard Willmer Piano Society Artist

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    That's quite all right, Chris! I did this once as a lark. It is not among the pieces I am seroiusly thretening to inundate you with.

Yes. Monica gets the potato chip. but don't feel too miffed: it is a used one, remember!

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    There is no such thing as a 'used potato chip'...