Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

My version of Chopin's Barcarolle

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by diminished2nd, Mar 10, 2009.

1. diminished2nd

diminished2nd New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Kendrick
    First Name:
    Austin
    Here it is... I split a couple notes :( but overall I was pretty happy with how it turned out...

Again, tell me what you think!

Chopin - Barcarolle, Op. 60

2. Chopinesque

Chopinesque New Member

Systems Developer
    What a lovely performance! Do you play it from memory?

3. diminished2nd

Last Name:
    Kendrick
    First Name:
    Austin
    That's the only way I can play music... if I watch the score I get lost :? (I learn most of my music for competitions anyway, where it has to be memorized)

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Very nice, Kendrick. I liked your overall style. And because you have it memorized, it flows better than my version. I don't think I could ever get all of it memorized, though.

I could get very 'fussy' here too, but you know all the little intricacies with the piece. There are just a few little things I want to point out, in case you perform this for competition. Mostly they are that you play a few tied notes that i don't show in my score. Could be only a matter of the edition being used, but the measures in question are 40, 43, 67, and 95. Also, the trill at 102 was not long enough.

5. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    listened to this one earlier today and forgot to comment ... in any case, I thought it was very good, the small flubs aside. Don't you hate it when you get to the end of a run and flub the last note? Other than that I only have this one small criticism, it seemed a bit pedal-heavy in a few areas. But still very convincing and free.

6. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Ok, this is up on the site. And I have to tell you - I am laughing my ass off right now because I just learned that I have been calling you by your last name for a while now. Sorry, Austin! (but still, haha- I never call people by their last names - funny)

7. diminished2nd

Last Name:
    Kendrick
    First Name:
    Austin
    Lol that's funny that you didn't know you were calling me by my last name! :lol:

I'll check those tied notes... I think it's just a matter of which edition one is using.

@Nathan: well met. :p my teacher is constantly getting on me for using too much pedal in a few places in this piece :? I've still got a bit to work on it seems...