DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

My Christmas music arr. for 2 pianos, (World Premiere)

Discussion in 'Composing' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I finally got around getting done the printing of Christmas Chimes, a potpourri of traditional Christmas songs I arranged for 2 pianos last year, with a bit of my own touch... I'm happy to say that a concert pianist team http://www.duovivo.com/ will be premiering this work later this year. This version is played with sampled pianos by yours truly, but I'm looking forward to hearing it with live pianos in concert.  In this video you can follow the score, however, if you want to do that, use full screen in HD. I Hope you will enjoy it!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: My Christmas music arrangements for 2 pianos, video/score

Looking at the other threads, which are very interesting to read, but don't forget about the composers still alive.... Support is always appreciated. :)

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris

Quite strange to listen to a X-mas medley in august ....
    What a great piece of work Guy ! I've developed a certain fondness for X-mas medleys since I had to play one with a choice last Christmas. This one is extremely entertaining and I've enjoyed it a lot. Especially where towards the end you throw a couple of songs in the stew together, very inventive. I felt it was over too soon after that - even though the work as a whole is longish. One should not complain about that though because most Christmas songs are really beautiful. Except Jingle Bells :x But you managed to make something out of that too - a good idea to put it right at the beginning and be done with it :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Chris for taking the time to listen and give your thoughts, also appreciate the kind words!

Yeah, I can see it's strange presenting Christmas music so early, :) it's to give a chance to prepare the piece in time for the holiday season for anyone interested in the pdf score, which is now available. Some pretty competent pianists on this forum... knowledgeable too!

5. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy

Guybacos,
    I listened, I watched, I loved, I want! You have arranged an excellent Christmas medly for two pianos! I'm thrilled for you that it will be premiered by some pros! I noticed that on page 14, top line the chords were arpeggiated in performance, but in the score the chords were missing the arpeggio symbols; you may want to correct the score. I hope you'll provide an mp3 of the performance this Christmas. Thank you for lifting my spirits in August.

Regards,
    Eddy

6. RSPIll

RSPIll New Member

Church Musician, Choral Accompanist, Musical Theat

Guybarcos,

That is wonderful. It has everything that one would want in a Christmas medley.

I must admit, that it has taken me a moment to listen to it because 90 degree summer temps and Christmas does not completely fit (although, I should be used to similar, having lived in S. Texas on the Mexican border for 22 years). But now that, as choir director at my church, I am being innundated with ads for Christmas cantatas, I was ready. This is definitely a keeper.

Scott

7. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris

Kinda funny that I initially dismissed this as too slick and glitzy. But that was the condensed version, which had sections fading in and out. There was too much happening in too short time, and it was awkwardly joined together. Maybe the sound quality/playing was different too, I don't remember. This time I have no such misgivings.

It would be nice to play this at Christmas, if only I had an extra piano and pianist at hand :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks guys, it's nice to get these wonderful comments!

It's very difficult to promote your own compositions, so any word of mouth would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

World Premiere of Christmas Chimes

Just want to update. Currently a dozen duo professional pianists are planing to perform it, and the world premiere will be this Saturday Dec 10 (or was Dec 10th if you are reading this after the 10th), in Montreal at Vincent D'Indy performed by the duo pianists: Julia Valero/Fernando Saint-Martin. So just wanted to mention this.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

Guy

10. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Guy,
    This is one of the very finest Christmas arrangements I have ever heard! You have created a beautiful contribution to the Christmas literature that I hope lasts a long time. Thank you for the treat. I wish you had a solo and 4-hand version. Congratulations!

Best wishes,
    Eddy

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This must be the nicest compliment I got, thank you so much!

Yes, I do have a 4 hand version for this piece. Some duos had a difficult time getting venues with 2 pianos, so I made an arrangement for piano duet.

If you're interested I'd be glad to send you a copy.

Guy

12. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy
    ABSOLUTELY! POSITIVELY! Thank you very much!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check your stocking. ;)

14. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy
    While letting my wife hear this, I just had a great idea! Print out the parts and play along with the YouTube recording for fun!

15. techneut

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Again, great piece of work ! Your interesting harmonic treatment of Jingle Bells and Silent Night even made me overcome my aversion to these silly songs D: Very good how you juggle all the themes in the run-up to the coda.
    I'd love to hear the proper piano version, please post if any of your duos share their recording :!: