Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

my Chopin cherry

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by nathanscoleman, Sep 27, 2008.

1. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Here's one of Chopin's posthumous waltzes.

I have no kids this weekend ... so piano, piano, piano! Now I've poured myself a glass of merlot ... and I'm gonna go listen to Alex's Liszt ... and I may take off my clothes; I haven't decided yet! :lol:

Chopin - Waltz in E minor, Op. Posthumous

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hey Nathan. I'm enjoying some merlot right this very minute too!

And I think you played this waltz very nicely. I attempted it around a year ago, but then stopped working on it - can't remember why. I like it, though.

Your rubato and tempo were just fine, in my opinion. One little thing - and you may be able to fix it through editing - the sound peaked out or peaked off, or however you say that at those two places where the LH has that run that begins on an f-double sharp. The sound is pretty distorted in those places. Maybe you can lower the volume or use that 'normalize' function.

Tell me if you are able to play around with it, and I'll wait to put this up. Otherwise, I'll just put it up as is.

Ok, *clink* and cheers to you!

3. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Well done, good tempo and concept. However I do have some reservations.

There are no major issues but numerous little inaccuracies that could have been avoided with a little more practising. In the dolce middle section, I do not understand your LH dynamics. Sometimes you play heavy accents, sometimes not, and sometimes notes are all but inaudible. Some consistency would not go amiss here. In bar 100 you miss a note.

The coda is a bit disappointing as you do not observe the starting sforzando, and then take back the tempo, so that it suddenly sounds as if you're not up to it after all. You take the tempo even further back for the closing bars, not sure if that is intentional or not. Perhaps your thoughts were already elsewhere, seeing the intention of taking off your clothes :roll:

4. Terez

Terez New Member

Student
    Very nice, Nathan. I wish your piano didn't sound so horrible. Have I mentioned that before? :lol:

5. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    @ Monica: I did normalize it ... and I don't hear any clipping out?? I don't know enough about Audacity to do anything else with this ... sorry. If you think it's ok, go ahead and post, please.

@ Chris: *sigh* at niggling inaccuracies ... I did practice this one more than usual. I think I must have sausage fingers! Also, my score shows no sforzando at the coda?? It just has a forte cresc. to a fortissimo. And I could play it faster, but then the final arpeggio breaks down. Arpeggios are my kryptonite. :) In reference to the dolce section, my electric doesn't have a soft pedal ... and I really need one for that section. I almost didn't post this because of that section.

@ Teresa: Stick it in your ear!!! hehe ... I hate it too. I can't decide which I hate more ... my electric or my POS upright!! :p

6. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Ok, it is up!