Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Mozart Sonata in F K.332

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by tpascale, Jul 8, 2007.

1. tpascale

tpascale Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Pascale
    First Name:
    Tom
  2. John Robson

John Robson New Member Piano Society Artist

Retired
    Last Name:
    Robson
    First Name:
    John
    Mozart

You played the entire sonata impeccably as usual...a very elegant performance. I thoroughly enjoyed listening. It surprises me how much I liked the sound of a digital piano on this composition. I found the “digital” sound especially effective in the Adagio. I bet Mozart himself would like it. I know absolutely nothing about digital pianos and don’t like the sound as well as I do an acoustic piano for most works. However, I must admit that it’s a delight to hear a piano so in tune as this.

3. tpascale

tpascale Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Pascale
    First Name:
    Tom
    The instrument I use to make recordings is a Yamaha Grantouch piano that I bought way back in 1998 so I could play at night. The piano sound is digital but on the inside it is built with a real grand action. The result is a piano that costs as much as a grand but doesn't sound as good as a grand. So the only reason to ever buy one is as a late-night substitute piano for people (like me) who refuse to play on anything that's not a real action. Apparently the Grantouch didn't sell all that well since I hear that Yamaha stopped making them. But I've been very happy with it and would recommend it as a 2nd instrument for late night playing. It's great for recordings too since it plugs right into the computer (with surprisingly good results given that the engineering dates from 1998). I suspect that Yamaha expected to sell a lot of Grantouch's as primary instruments - in fact they list them in their Diskclavier grand piano line and not with the other digitals. But the reality is that even the best digital is no substitute for the real thing. Too bad though that Yamaha has given up on the Grantouch line. They say the newer digitals now feel just as good as a real piano. I haven't tried any but I do find that hard to believe.

4. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    This is my favorite, also. I've played the first two movements many times when I was younger but never got around to the third one. After listening to how well and fast you played it, I probably never will. Really great playing on all three!

5. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Strange that we did not have this popular Sonata yet ! I too have played this for ages and thought about recording it many times. If only there were more hours in a day.
    As usual, your playing is beyond criticism. Very stylish and with just the right amount of rubato.
    I was relieved to find one slightly botched note in the finale. At least that shows you are human after all. Don't you go and re-record it now, dammit :lol:
    I've put it on the site straight away.

6. robert

robert Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Excellent as usual and a true pleasure to listen to. I have nothing more to say :).