Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Mozart Minuet K315g No.1

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by supitalp, Feb 6, 2010.

1. supitalp

supitalp New Member

Hi there !
    This is my very first recording with an acoustic piano, so I'd be glad if you could tell me whether this is better than the digital recordings I'd made so far.
    Please also tell me if the sound is loud enough, if you can hear any static noise or anything you think that could improve the quality.

Thanks a lot,

Henri

P.S : I don't think this should go on the site, except if you think that it's better than the recording I had posted a few weeks ago.

2. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Poortinga
    First Name:
    Robert
    I am sorry but I can't see the recording :(

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi Henri - I like this much better than your digital rendition. And I think the sound quality is fine; it may be a little on the soft side, but I am having some issues with that myself and can't determine what input settings to use. Seems like sometimes my recording sounds way too soft and so I turn the speaker volume all the way up. But then when I play the recording through the site, it's much louder - I don't know why. So your recording here is probably fine.

What kind of piano are you playing? Sounds like an upright, but I still like it better than your digital. Do you want me to replace this?

You need to be logged in to see attachments.

4. wiser_guy

wiser_guy Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

System Software Engineer
    Last Name:
    Assimakopoulos
    First Name:
    Pantelis
    Very nice, this one. Cleanly played and with bold phrasing.
    My only reservation is about your touch, I think it goes too strong. If you listen carefully, you'll notice many notes reaching their limit which means they have been hit really hard. This piece would benefit by a more delicate approach, I think.

5. supitalp

supitalp New Member

Thanks Monica and wiser_guy for your feedback !
    Considering both your remarks, I think I'll try recording it with more softness before asking Monica to replace the old one :)
    And, yes I play on an upright Pleyel, well done :lol:

Henri