DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2017-12-31
$ 1,000
So far donated
$ 1,045
Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2016.
A big thank you to Project Petrucci who has helped us already meet our 2017 goal!

Miserere Fantasy

Discussion in 'Composing' started by andrew, Apr 27, 2016.

1. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Wright
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Youtube:
    alkanliszt
    From Verdi's Il Trovatore - my paraphrase.

Video footage from recording session. Audio is from a portable Tascam and not the session mics/recording equipment. One-take and completely unedited.

Mobile cam so to speak; a friend was trying to get shots from as many different angles as possible. Good quality video camera, so the resolution is pretty good (better than youtube probably supports, in honesty).

2. andrew

andrew Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Wright
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Youtube:
    alkanliszt
    Here is a more recent studio edit compiled from various takes. This (for now) is my working draft copy of this piece. The sound seems much better than in my sound quality thread in the WIP forum, but any thoughts are again welcome.

I must, en passant, apologise for not having taken much time to comment on anything recent in the Audition Room, but I'm currently very preoccupied with evaluating and editing all the various takes I have in this ongoing project to create a sequel CD of paraphrases. I'll try to find a bit of time over the next few days.

Attached Files: