Thank you to all those who donated in 2015!

DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 595

Me conducting film-music (Lord Of The Rings)!

Discussion in 'General' started by musicusblau, Jul 9, 2009.

1. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    For those who are interested I post here two videos of me conducting our school-orchestra, which I have founded in 2001. We are playing two arrangements of the film-music of "Lord Of The Rings" by Howard Shore. I started with 6 pupils in 2001 and now I have 28 players.

The Two Towers (18,02 MB)
    The Return Of The King (14,7 MB)

I have reduced the size of the videos to make the download shorter for you, but the quality of the picture suffered a bit from it, though the sound-quality is well. The recording is made with my two Neumann KM 184-microphones and my camcorder like my piano-videos are and I have edited the sound-track with Wavelab.
    Please, be aware, that this is a school-orchestra, so there sometimes are more or less little problems of intonation (the teenagers are between 11 and 19 years old and we always are working on this problem), the youngest have at least 2 years of instrumental education. But they give all their best and the result isn´t the worse for a school-orchestra IMO.

Comments are appreciated, of course.

2. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    That was fun to watch, Andreas! I like to see people I know in action - doing their regular things. And I have to tell you, your conducting style is very similar to my dad's. He was a choral director in our high school for 30 years, so I saw him conduct many, many times. Like him, you are not afraid to move your arms. I like that. Thanks for showing these videos.

3. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you for watching, Monica. I´m glad you like it. :D Yes, I have experienced the more and exacter I move my arms the more and exacter the players realize, what is my intention. It´s very important to be clear and decided as a conductor.

4. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you, Ole Laursen, for your kind and encouraging comment. Goosefleshs are a really good sign. :)