Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Me and Ferry after a recording-session!

Discussion in 'General' started by musicusblau, Mar 16, 2009.

1. alf

alf Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Last year I went to the MusikMesse in Frankfurt. The last time I visited my friend in Phorzheim was in 2007. NOw it's her turn to visit me.

2. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Alf wrote:
    Now I see, it´s a female friend. Somehow I never come to the Musik-Messe, don´t know why, but probably it would be interesting, I suppose. I´m always so busy with my profession, my family and my piano-playing.
    If you come again close-by (to Frankfurt or wherever), you are cordially invited to visit me, if you like.

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    It's a little farther, but you guys can visit me in Chicago too! :)

4. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you [​IMG] and, of course, Monica, you are cordially invited to visit me, too, though it´s a bit farther as you said.
    It would be a pleasure for me, if the Amerital Germs would meet together one nice day. (Hm, if there wouldn´t be this stupid money-donkey.[​IMG] And not to forget the kids.[​IMG] Though I have to say, that this picture dosn´t mirror my true feelings concerning my son, of course. :wink: )

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Yeah - that stupid money-donkey! I want more money-donkeys!! ( I think. What is that again?)

But I am fine with leaving my husband and sons for a few days. Let them cook and clean for themselves for once!!

Pretty flowers. I'll try to post something more creative next time. Too tired now....[​IMG]

6. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I just noticed something and didn't know where else I could say this:

Look, there are over 30,000 posts on the forum now. That's a lot!! (and no, they are not all from me :wink: )

7. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    3979 are from you.
    4753 are from me.
    The juuf comes third.

8. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Thank you for your invitation, Andreas! I went to the Musikmesse twice, in 2003 and 2008, with an Italian friend who works in France and plays the piano as well as other weird instruments like the contrabass clarinet). For me it's sort of vacation, because in Frankfurt I love having lunch at the Saturday market stalls and touring the old pubs and stopping by at Zweitausendeins and so on. At the MM there are hundreds of grand pianos but you cannot properly try them because they are in an open space and there's an awful noise. It's really an ear tiring experience. In 2003 only Fazioli pianos were in a booth. The last year I found a piano that amazed me, a Steingraeber & Söhne E-272. I was also impressed by a Shigeru-Kawai concert grand (more for the responsiveness than the sound). I managed to play them just after the opening time, so the hall was relatively quiet. The third picture was love at first sight (hear). The fourth one is a glimpse of FF's skyline as I saw it.

9. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    It'd be the first time I cross the Atlantic!

10. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    You mean 4754 are from you. :wink: And I can't believe I have written almost 4,000 responses and you with almost 5,000. Our fingers should be pretty tired. :lol:

Wow, what kind of piano is that third one? It's very beautiful!!

11. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    It's a Blüthner (and the sound too was beautiful).

By contrast, below, the ugliest piano on earth. :lol:

12. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Eegad! Looks like a Martian's spaceship. What are those things on the top - antennae?

13. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Lids? Or might be wings and the piano could start flying around in the living room like a corpulent butterfly. The colors too are those of an exotic insect.

14. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    :lol: :lol: That's so funny!

15. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Pianolady wrote:
    Very interesting. Where can I find this number? I have looked into the site- and the download-statistics, but couldn´t find the numbers, also not the more detailed ones of you, Chris and Juufa, which Chris has mentioned above.

16. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Hi Alfonso,
    thank you for the interesting pictures. They look all beautiful the grands, isn´t it? They are all so polished for the exhibition. I think, Steingräber is also a nice brand. I have a Steingräber-sample on my computer. I personally like Blüthner very much, too. I almost would have bought an old Blüthner, but then decided for the Grotrian-Steinweg, which is much better, I think. Though I have to admit, that I like the soft tone of the Blüthner-pianos. With Kawai I have not so good experiences with the strings, they became more and more unpure on my old Kawai and it was more and more impossible to tune it properly. But otherwise the Kawais are very solid pianos, ideal for the daily practising, very resilient and reliable.
    I was in Frankfurt recently, I have visited an exhibition about Bettina von Arnim in the Goethe-Museum with an lecture of introduction about "Goethes Briefwechsel mit einem Kinde" of Bettina von Armin.
    I personally hate the large town, I prefer the pastoral areas. But, of course, if you would visit me, I could show you the Goethe-Haus, the museums of Frankfurt and much other interesting things of the environment here.

17. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Andreas - Kawai builds Boston pianos, which is a brand of pianos designed by Steinway whose purpose is to offer a line of 'mid-priced' pianos for the customer who is not quite ready for a Steinway. So...no surprise that you find the Kawai piano to be reliable. That's interesting to me.

About those numbers of articles posted: Look on the bottom of the Forum index page. There you will see "Our users have posted a total of 30057 articles". And along with every member's user name, you can see how many posts he or she has made.

I was in the Frankfort airport, but that's it. Had to catch a connecting flight to Berlin (and then the airline lost our luggage. :x ) (Got it back the next day. :D )

18. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Pianolady wrote:
    This information is interesting for me. I have got a Kawai, GS 60, when I was 15 years old and I sold it two three years ago or so. So, I have played nearly for 20 years on this Kawai. Yes, they are reliable, have a good sound, and they are very stable and resilient.

Ah, now I´m astuter. I have never payed attention to this somehow. The number of posting of the single members I still had seen before. Thank you. :D

So, this wasn´t quite a long and intensive stay. If you´ll be here again you should get off the plain and visit me. :wink:

19. alf

Last Name:
    Bertazzi
    First Name:
    Alfonso
    Andreas, Shigeru-Kawai is a completely different matter than Kawai! They are extra quality instruments.

Like you, I prefer countryside to big cities, but alas, Frankfurt pedestrian zones are really nice. And thank you again for your invitation - we could even meet up sooner or later.

20. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    Pastoral scenes and life are nice; but you can't go wrong with the fabril every once and a while. Too bad most of the US cities are not pedestrian-friendly, hell some are not even car-friendly due to one lane streets, double-parked vehicles, and stress inducing, synchronized stop lights :evil:

Dare I venture a guess and predict a 1st ever piano society pianists meeting? Perhaps it will play on government and meet in Geneva :lol: