DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 860

LisztWorks.com

Discussion in 'General' started by chopinman0901, Jan 10, 2007.

1. chopinman0901

chopinman0901 New Member

I know that the creator of that site - Chris Breemer - is a member of Piano Society (techneut), so I have a question. When is the site going to be updated? I think it says in the news section on July 15th of last year that a big update is coming, but the site still doesn't seem to have that many recordings. I think this website might have more. Don't get me wrong: it's amazing how he found all of Liszt's works and took the time to "liszt" them all (hahaha :wink: ), but is he planning on adding more recordings. There are so many of those pieces that sound really interesting!!! I would love to hear more of the waltzes and galops, and pretty much everything! I think it's amazing what has been done so far.

So just so you know I'm not complaining, but I wanted to know if any more updates are coming to the site. Hopefully there are.

P.S. To anyone who is apart of the "staff" of Lisztworks.com - also wanted to let you know that none of the Valse Melancolique links work. Hope I didn't point out the obvious.

2. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    Sorry to bust your bubble but I believe Erik Helling is the creator of that website. According to Mr. Robert, we can now safely assume that he fell off the face of the earth.

3. chopinman0901

chopinman0901 New Member

Oops! Sorry Chris!!! :oops: If you're reading this I'm sorry I thought you created the site.

Nobody knows what happened to Erik Helling? That's weird, and there goes my hope. But I bet if Piano Society took management over that website (however hard and unprobable it is) it would rock!

4. Joffrey

Joffrey New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Wallaart
    First Name:
    Joffrey
    Erik at one point was part of pianosociety management. He still was when he started lisztworks as a seperate project. Due to similarities in the sites' design I don't think he ever intended to merge the two.

And like mentioned, he vaporized from the intarweb. Even the page from his (former?) employer seems dead. :?

5. robert

robert New Member Piano Society Artist

Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Stahlbrand
    First Name:
    Robert
    Correct Jof, he really disappeared. Tried to call him, sent a numerous of emails etc. but nope, nothing. I have not really tried to haunt him down but it is a bit strange and worrying.