Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Liadov two Preludes (Op. 57-1 and Op. 10-1)

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by hyenal, Jan 18, 2012.

1. hyenal

hyenal New Member Piano Society Artist

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Hi Andrew and Greg, sorry for this much delayed reply. Thanks for listening and I'm glad that you like this music!
    @Andrew: I always heard you playing large and very virtuosic pieces on the PS, so it would be very interesting if I could hear you play Liadov's small and simple pieces :)
    @Greg: Yes, I know the Op.40-3, even though I never played it myself. I wish you much fun and beautiful moments at learning that piece! And would be very happy if you join us (Chris, David and me) as submitter of Liadov's music :wink:

2. 88man

88man Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Vosgerichian
    First Name:
    George
    Hello Hye-Jin. These are charming pieces, and played with great control and emotional sensitivity. I can't comment any further since I don't have any of Liadov's music - too many composers and not enough time. Between you, Chris, and David, you're all giving Liadov a well deserved boost of recognition here on this site. With a busy life, it's great to hear that you're making time to practice, learn, and record music! :D

George

3. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thank you George for listening and very kind comments! :D
    These are very encouraging words! Thank you a lot!

4. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    Oh, Hye Jin, you play so well!
    The Op. 10-1 flows in a such incredible charming way! From the two very good performances, I like Op. 10-1 better! :D

5. hyenal

Ph.D student
    Last Name:
    Lee
    First Name:
    Hye-Jin
    Thank you Felipe for listening and your kind words! You are the only one who likes the op. 10-1 better than the other piece! I'm glad to find that also the latter is enjoyable... :)

6. synergy543

synergy543 New Member

Hye-Jin, Thank you for the warm invitation and yes I do love playing this piece! I would like to submit the Liadov Op.40 No.3 for consideration when I perfect my performance, however I record on a digital piano and I fear this may not be acceptable? I'm not clear on this forum's policy regarding this. I play the piece (no editing) if that makes a difference.

7. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    It's difficult to formulate a good policy on this. Most of us here don't like digital recordings. Vanilla recordings on a digital piano often sound shallow and anodyne, and the use of sampled sound veers dangerously towards manipulation. It's not really the way we want to go. But we realize many people only have a digital piano so we grudgingly admit them. The criteria we have (subjective as they are)

1) It must sound good (some digitals really don't)
    2) It must not be manipulated (a couple of cuts are quite ok though)

What we do not want is go into endless discussions about why something is rejected. In the end it comes down to the personal taste of the admins (with the support of the log-standing forum members).

8. synergy543

synergy543 New Member

Chris, thanks for clarifying.

Sounding good is a reasonable policy for a professional music forum. Music has gone downhill far enough with recent technology, its time to elevate it with higher standards.