DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 805

Learning

Discussion in 'Technique' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. lol_nl

lol_nl New Member

That book uses an own method, by the author, a kind of mix of different methods that many people use. It's until now the closest to what I learn from my teacher.

Some other methods include:

Suzuki - http://www.suzuki-music.com/
    This is a general educational method, just as Plato, Aristotle,
    etc.

Taubman Method - http://www.balancedpianist.com/bptaubman.htm
    No idea what it exactly is, but it's taught by Robert Macdonald at Juilliard and Robert Shannon at Oberlin (I heard from another forum).

There are plenty of methods, I just can't name them all because I don't know any more. You can google to find more or something.

EDIT: A guy called Kreisler at another forum posted this:

EDIT 2: I see that you have also posted in that forum :lol: .

3. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Poortinga
    First Name:
    Robert
    I think you need to combine all 3 in 1 style maybe I will make some style. I think its very interesting! I going to give some pianolessons. I will see what I do.

nice topic!

gr,

robert

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried to use google but i'm not intersted in buying a book or some magical CDs. Im looking for information! I wan't to hire a piano teacher but I don't know what to look for. I'm 17 and I want to learn how to play all those difficult piano pieces. I wan't to play specially Chopin music. But until now I only know how to play Nocturne op. 9 2, and etude op. 25 1. :cry:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GET A RUSSIAN STYLE TEACHER! This style is uncomparable in tone and technical production. The teachers are trained to give practical advice to their students. The wonder- woman piano teacher, Rosina Lhevinne, taught this style. Many of her students became famous and none got tendonitis. Some of the greatest pianists have emerged from this style.

6. lol_nl

lol_nl New Member

I agree, Russian teaching is the best in the world. I think European and American teaching lacks intensivity, also due to the culture and circumstances the people live in (here in Holland for example, the people are SO lazy... Everything is done very slowly and relaxed, no need to worry, I got the feeling), and everything is not strict enough.

The other schools, Russian and Chinese/Asian, are very strict and intensive. IMO the Russian pwns :lol: , cuz they concentrate more on tone and the Chinese/Asian is just pure technique, creating many "robot-pianists" who have an amzing technique but lack of musicality.

My teacher studied in Russia, at the Moscow Conservatory for a few years :lol: .