Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

Kosenko: Poem Legend, Op. 12, No. 1

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by Rachfan, Feb 16, 2016.

1. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    I have fixed that. Check the links on your artist page once more, please. I have created the new Kosenko page, where you can find all your Kosenko-recordings. Check the links there, too, please! I have copied over your Kosenko-bio there and I have deleted it here in the thread. I also have deleted your Kosenko-recordings in the composers_various section, because it´s not necessary to have them two times here.

I can't imagine that you have a limited disc space on YouTube. At least I have not. I have about 250 videos there and there are other channels with more videos. And I never had to delete older recordings to make room for new ones. How did you come to the idea you ran out of space there?

I'm awaiting no.2 of the poem legends with curiosity and I hope you feel motivated now to record more Kosenko. Would be great if you could also complete the etudes and the consolations, since you have an own table for that on the main page now!;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Andreas,

The Kosenko bio looks fine now. I also checked the links operating from Artists, Composers and Submission Room. No problems there. Looks like everything is well set up.

Thanks for all your help in getting things up and going!

You saw my thoughts on the Kosenko Legend No. 2. I'm going to examine it more closely, but undertaking it and finding that the capability is not up to standard. As you know my windows of opportunity for practicing the piano are limited. That makes completion more risky. It is a grand late romantic piece. I'll let you know.

Everyone appreciates your help on the new Piano Society, I'm sure. It was good working with you on the Kosenko pieces.

Best regards,

David

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. Rachfan

Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Andreas,

Regarding YT, I have a new recording that should be ready for uploading in the foreseeable future. I'll use that as a test to see if my site there will automatically grant me a third page for No. 45 and numbers beyond that-- or not.

David

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. richard66

richard66 Richard Willmer Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Amateur musician
    Home Page:
    Hello, David,

Here I am, absent again! I did listen to your upload on YouTube (you see, I get notifications about new posts from people I subscribe there while here I must log in to see the news. I need to sign in more often, I suppose.

I have little to add to the good comments above, but then I did not listen with score and magnifying glass.

Interesting how the Bolshies let Kosenko get away with it, but there it is.

As for the definition of agitato it means, of course, agitated, which, more than fast, would imply hasty, with fits and starts and I believe that would reflect not only in tempo fluctuations, but also in dynamic rage. Of course, were one to make it truly agitato, it would no longer be musical, would it? A good place to see this definition of agitato being followe is in the early music department, but it might be too "romantic" for Kosenko!

I notice that a Pavel Gintov, Ukrainian pianist gave a recital yesterday or the day before somewhere in the US where he played several pieces by Kosenko.

5. Rachfan

Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David

Hi Richard,

Yes, if you sign in more, then the open door status will be there for you and you'll not need to enter codes.

As for the Bolshies, they were the cause of Kosenko's demise. How? Well, Kosenko and his family lived in a small apartment. The Bolshies then declared that the premises be occupied instead by three families. The sanitation situation was soon out of control. As a result it caused Kosenko to contract a very serious infection which went to a kidney. It turned cancerous and he died soon after.

I saw your Facebook notice about Pavel Gintov giving a recital that included some of Kosenko's music. I'll have to look at YouTube to see if any of it was recorded. As for Facebook, I find it overwhelming with the myriad forms of communication there. It's nearly impossible to keep up with it all. I try to minimize my presence there.

Progress is being made here on Piano Society. It's gaining ground but it still has a way to go. I hope that more of the productive members rejoin us. At the moment it seems like only the core members are present here.

Enjoy your day!

David
    David

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  6. Rachfan

Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi Monica,

I was just thinking about your mention of not playing nor listening lately. I call it "the funk". The most frustrating thing for me, for example, is going to YouTube only to notice a 4-year old playing flawlessly a difficult concert etude by Liszt! It absolutely amazes me but stuns me too. In fact, I feel discouraged. It leaves me wondering if I should continue recording at the piano. Or, perhaps I might have finally reached the age where I should only play for myself. What pulls me out of "the funk" is the enjoyment of finding "new" gorgeous pieces in a nearly forgotten part of the repertoire. And too I always schedule four piano tunings quarterly. So I vow to myself that I'll always have a piece ready to be recorded immediately after each tuning. I guess it acts as a discipline for me to be ready to produce that new upcoming recording.

Well, if nothing else, you're not alone, Monica. I'm sure that a lot of pianists could identify with that. You always find delightful and colorful music and play it ever so well.

David