Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

I'm in the mood....

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by pianolady, Sep 23, 2009.

  1. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Pianolady wrote:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Pianolady wrote:
    I like also Amerizil Germs! (And I also will not miss the bra. :wink: )


    Felipe wrote:
    You wouldn´t, if you would have always around 150 papers to correct...

    Still better?![​IMG]

    O.k., what conclusion concerning your playing do I have to draw of this now?![​IMG]

    Techneut wrote:
    [​IMG]
     
  2. felipesarro

    felipesarro New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    System Analyst, for now
    Location:
    Brazil
    I didn't say I would do this before receiving the montage.
    if there is something I really know how to do, this is postponing!
    hehe

    in fact, this is MORE necessary in this case because we are playing the same melodies, so any slightly different attack becomes ugly.

    no no!
    I didn't say I do not play well because I don't sleep more than 8 hours a day...
    I said I feel the need of sleeping more not because of the piano... I was talking about my well being during the day. hehe
    not beeing sleepy, you know...

    I meant... "true" vacations. :roll:
    hehe
     
  3. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Felipsarro wrote:
    Yes, these two words are French, Felipe. And with me it´s the same with these words, I always have a French accent when pronouncing French words. I´m much better in French than in Enlglish, you know. (At least I was in the past :? ).


    So, you are like me in some way. :lol: (But mostly I do it with things, which I don´t like too much...)

    Felipesarro wrote:
    I agree at hundert percent!

    Ah, I do understand now :wink: , I only was joking above, btw. :)

    Hehe, such I would enjoy, too. :roll:
     
  4. mgasilva

    mgasilva New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Messages:
    246
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Physician
    Location:
    Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
    Sorry for intruding/pestering, but...

    I love the name Amerizil Germs.

    For some new state-of-the-art antibiotic medication.

    Really, guys, the best suggestion so far (except for Amerbraz Germs) is Pfaulsarrnello.

    But that's just my opinion. If you say, "who asked you?", you're totally right.

    :)
     
  5. pianolady

    pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    1
    Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Yoo hooooo - Hi again :lol: I only have a break for ten minutes but Andreas thank you for making me that file with the 8 counts in the beginning. Except (you are probably going to kill me), when you come in is not exactly on the beat. It's going to make it a little hard for me to come in on time. Any chance you can make another file tonight before you go to bed? if not - don't worry about it - I'll just jump in as many times as necessary until I get it right on your beat.

    p.s. did you get that "ohwha tagoo siam" thing?
     
  6. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    mgasilva wrote:
    I have heard, music should be like medicine for soul, and if the mind (soul) is healthy, the body will it be, too, isn´t it?! So may be just for that reason this name would be the best for us. :lol:
    But I agree, Pfaulsarnello has something, sounds very Italian somehow. I suppose, Monica could like it for that reason.
     
  7. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Pianolady wrote:
    For you I will do (nearly) everthing, Monica, you know it. See my improved version below, please.

    (Now you would like, what this "nearly" could mean, isn´t it?! :wink: )

    Yes, I think, I have got it : "Oh, what a goose I am". Please, read my smilies I have answered to your sentence above. :wink:

    And now: [​IMG]
     
  8. felipesarro

    felipesarro New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    System Analyst, for now
    Location:
    Brazil
    I'm much better in English (so guess how bad my French is! hahaha)
    but in pronunciation, I think I deal well with both. I had trouble with German. I studied German for 4 long months! Almost a master degree, you know...

    and EVERYBODY says my German pronunciation has a strong French accent, though this is something I can't notice. :roll:


    no!
    it's too much for my poor inteligence and postponing nature.
     
  9. felipesarro

    felipesarro New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    System Analyst, for now
    Location:
    Brazil
    doesn't Monica have Spanish ascendence?
     
  10. pianolady

    pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    1
    Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    hmmm...well...'nearly everything' is pretty good. Ok, I'll think about something else I'd like you to do for me and let you know what I come up with. :wink:

    Seriously, thank you Andreas for making me another file. I hope I can get a good enough recording tomorrow - I have some pain in my hands today so I have not touched my piano most of the day in an effort to save my strength for the recording.



    What? :shock: :lol: I have no Spanish in me. I just like to play Granados' music, though. But ok we can be the "Pfaulsarrnello Trio" - how's that? And Felipe, you just have to say those funny words together fast.

    Ok, bye.
     
  11. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Felipesarro wrote:
    I just said this, because I know, Monica likes Italian cooking. :wink:
     
  12. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Pianolady wrote:
    Whew, that could become very hot. :oops: :lol:

    Remember, please, don´t rush anything, if it will not become good enough, try it another day. We have all the time of the world. :!:

    O.k., we are the "Pfaulsarnello Trio", and Felipe: I already had given the solution for that sentence above, you just have to read, what I have written. :lol:
     
  13. techneut

    techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2006
    Messages:
    9,927
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Netherlands
    Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    You still come in way ahead of the beat !
     
  14. pianolady

    pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,710
    Likes Received:
    1
    Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Andreas - I noticed that too but didn't say anything because it was late at night (for you). And it's okay because I just now put the file into my editing program and added some silence right before you come in so now I've got a steady beat all the way.

    So after I eat breakfast, take a shower, get dressed, fix my hair, make my kids breakfasts, clean up their mess afterwards, see them off to school, bring in extra lights into the living room, rearrange some furniture, set up the camera and recorder, and then fiddle around with angles and settings, I'll be recording.

    And I just want to warn you guys - my part is really much harder than I expected. Sure it sounds easy - it's just that melody that everybody knows - but those repeating notes and the trills are what have been giving me trouble and that's why my hands and wrists hurt now. So please, it may not be as perfect as I'd like but I will of course give it my best shot.

    Ok, wish me luck! (actually, better to wish me fast fingers!)
     
  15. felipesarro

    felipesarro New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    System Analyst, for now
    Location:
    Brazil
    about the "what a goose I am", I had noticed Andreas wrote it down, but I said that because I myself couldn't realize this (I was not pronouncing the "i" from "siam" like "I". I was pronouncing a "short i"... don't know the name... like in "bit". =(( )

    I really thought you had some Spanish in you. anyway... Hart is not English at all... what's this? hehe

    by the way... I'll take some three weeks to record, so don't expect anything too fast coming from me. hehe
    you know what I was thinking about? we could make a short video of ourselves getting up from the piano and "receiving thanks" from the listeners... I don't know how to say this in English. was it clear? =((
    then Andreas could put all these three videos altogether, side by side, so we all "receive thanks" at the same time.

    anyway... if it's a silly idea, just ignore it! :D

    I like the Pfaulsarnello Trio name.
     
  16. mgasilva

    mgasilva New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Messages:
    246
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Physician
    Location:
    Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
    FelipeSarro said:
    That's a great idea Felipe! I like it. I believe it's called "taking a bow".
     
  17. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Techneut wrote:
    Well, I have put a bit more silence before my entry and for me it seemed to be right, but I see, that Monica felt like you and has put some more silence into it.
     
  18. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Felipsarro wrote:
    So did I the first time. :lol:

    Doesn´t matter, we have all the time of the world. The main thing is the end-effect, which should be very good. So, if a recording session was not successful enough take your time and do it on another day again. The same I do principally suggest to Monica, too.

    That´s a great idea, Felipe, we should try it. :)

    So, I think, we have our name!
     
  19. felipesarro

    felipesarro New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    Messages:
    916
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    System Analyst, for now
    Location:
    Brazil
    and you can put some ovation in the background sound. :D
     
  20. musicusblau

    musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2008
    Messages:
    3,028
    Likes Received:
    3
    Occupation:
    High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Location:
    Germany
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Well, I think, this should be possible. I suppose, I will have to record some applause of one of my CD´s, because I have no ready applause in Pinnacle or WaveLab.
     

Share This Page