Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

I'm in the mood....

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by pianolady, Sep 23, 2009.

1. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you, Monica, I have read the article in the german Wikipedia. Seems, that I really have a gap in education. :lol: I think, I´ll order a CD or I have also read, that there is DVD, which can be purchased.

Is that again the newest version of Windows?

But we still said it and it´s not difficult to plan: nothing but gloves. :lol: Seriously, I´m very boring concerning clothes and it doesn´t play a too big role in my life and I do not possess such a hot t-shirt like you and Felipe. I don´t want to spoil the fun, but I wouldn´t like to spend money for such things, may be I can find something (let me think, my surfing-clothes?! 8) :wink: ).

That´s a bit more important matter. Well, Carmen-Ouvertüre sounds very interesting for me! Would be nice to have look a the score.

2. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
  3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    No, Windows Live is where you do instant messaging. I'm not really sure what else is there - I don't use it that much. But I may try out that newer Movie Maker program when I do make a new video. I'll let you know if it is any good.

A video with you in your surfing clothes - now that would be interesting! :lol: Seriously, it doesn't matter what we wear (or don't wear :wink: ). But I'm a woman and so I tend to take great pains in planning on what to wear for certain occasions. I don't have any surfing clothes though, so not sure what I'll wear.

Oh, Andreas - you warm my heart! It is only that I don't really have anything that interesting to video-record right now. Maybe in a couple weeks, though.

Yes, I liked that four-hand piece too! But I also like this PDQ video clip - it's so funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2H6JjE5j_g

I'm going to order it tomorrow morning. With shipping, it is only about $8.00, so that's not a big deal. I'll then take a look at it and if it looks nice, I'll scan it and send it to you and Felipe.

p.s. tonight for dinner I made pork schnitzel, dumplings and creamed sauerkraut. Totally German - isn't it October Fest time?
    [​IMG]
    Prost!

4. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Of course, your are and that´s normal. You can wear the nice t-shirt with the music-motif and I do wear my surfing-clothes or I will make a crop like a punk and wear some jeans with cracks. :lol:

Really funny, thank you. :lol:

Great! That´s very nice.

Well, that´s a good meal, (though I personally don´t eat meat any more). Well, Oktoberfest is celebrated only in Munich (Bayern). In the other Federal States it´s known, of course, but it´s not celebrated.

5. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
    MOnica: I donated the DVDs to Christopher Breemer. You can search on IMSLP and find tons!

6. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I couldn't find any Czerny 6-hand score to download in both eMule and SoulSeek... so I think you don't want the MP3 files to listen them any more.
    I also couldn't find the Gurlitt or the Carmen.

now I have an idea...
    I'll check the music library of my university!
    and I'll talk to my teacher, because he plays some "weird" transcriptions for several hands (like Carmina Burana, arrangement for 4 pianos and chorus).

7. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Felipe - two days ago I ordered the Carmen music and the Gurlitt book. I'll probably get them this week sometime, so when I do I'll send you and Andreas scanned copies. But yes, in the meantime, if you find anything else at your school - that would be great.

8. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    hm... I think it makes no sense any more. Once you ordered and PAYED for them, you'll sure want to play them, and no other piece. hehehe
    that's what I'd do if I had spent money on that. hehe
    (but I can check the library for future recordings...)

9. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I received the books today, and I'm very excited because the Carmen Overture and the Gurlitt pieces all look very nice. Now it is like we have too many pieces to choose from! Still, I love the Carmen music and it would be fun to put this project together with it. So....I'll start scanning music in the next day or so and email it to you both.

10. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    That´s great, Monica. :D I´m very curious. I just hope, that the Carmen-Ouvertüre is not too complicated, because we have to synchronize three tracks.

11. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I think Carmen won!

12. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I think the Carmen music will be fine, as it is is in a strict march-like beat. The other pieces are more prettier kind of music. I have not had time to scan the music yet, but I will do it tomorrow for sure. btw - I'm putting in my bid now to play either the top part of the lowest part. The middle part is very easy, so if one of you is pressed for time, you should take that part.

13. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Dear Monica,
    I have received your e-mails with the music of "Carmen" and "Gurlitt". I will print it out and have a closer look tomorrow. I think all parts are not too difficult to play, so for me it doesn´t matter, which one I will play, but I can take the middle part, if you all think, it´s too easy. :lol: But I would be also satisfied with the bass-part (terza). I also suppose, Carmen has won, but let me have a closer look also at the Gurlitt tomorrow. Thank you for having bought and send the music, Monica!

14. Rachfan

Rachfan Active Member Piano Society Artist

Chief Operating Officer, retired
    Last Name:
    April
    First Name:
    David
    Hi,

Carmen! Great! Once you guys record it, I'll be listening especially for Don Jose's "Flower Song" to Carmen. Looking forward to it! :)

Poor Bizet died very young believing the opera had been a total flop. The Opera Comique in Paris lost so much money at the premier that they waited years before allowing it to be staged again there. The rest is history. Bizet would be agog at the continuing high popularity of Carmen well over a century to our own day.

David

15. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi David,

Sorry, but our music does not include the Flower Song. We've got the main overture and a little of Toreador. Hope you will like it anyway.

That's so sad about Bizet....

16. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    I have had closer look at the score. I would like to play the terza-part, if you both don´t mind. I like the deep and full bass chords and octaves. :wink:
    And I really think we should start with Carmen-Ouvertüre, which will bring more fun than the Gavotta. Don´t you think so?

17. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Ok, Carmen it is! Andreas on bottom, Felipe in the middle, and me on top. I'll start practicing! (we'll have much to talk about regarding the actually video-recording!!)

18. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    oh... I was waiting a response through mail... and the response is here :shock:

we should set a tempo for the piece, shouldn't we?

19. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Sorry, Felipe. I forget what place I am supposed to write on. :oops: Let's put our posts right here and do any email posting whenever we have to share attachments. btw - how do you like the black-and-white scan? Is it better, and did you receive all of it?

Regarding tempo - I did a quick listen on Youtube and it seems that the average tempo for this piece is around quarter note=140. And then it slows down just a bit when Toreador comes in, and speeds back up for the finish. Andreas will probably lay his track down first so we'll just follow him. At least I think so. When it comes to the order in which we actually record, I am a bit lost. But don't worry about it now, we have to wait to record until near the end of October. Plus, we have to figure out how to do this since video cameras are involved.

20. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    yes, I received it, and it seems to be very good. I simply can't print it because my printer has died. One-minute silence.

I asked about tempo, because playing too fast may be too difficult to synchronize, may it not? besides... our playing may become less accurate. anwyay... I was just worried about those 16th note. my part is the easiest one, so this is not my problem. hahaha