Thank you to those who donated to Piano Society in 2017.

I'm in the mood....

Discussion in 'Submission Room' started by pianolady, Sep 23, 2009.

1. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Oh, I didn't either. I thought that op. 38 was there, but it's not.

Well then forget msn. I don't want to be just a number, and anyway I am very choosy when it comes to who I accept on my online places, so let's just stick to PS. Too confusing otherwise....

2. musicusblau

musicusblau Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

High-school-teacher with subjects music and german
    Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
  3. juufa72

juufa72 New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Grocholski
    First Name:
    Julius
  4. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I think you're too sensitive regarding my joke... haha
    I also use MSN to talk informally, when it happens that both people are online and not busy with other stuffs.

5. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    Andreas... I'll look at them tomorrow, it's okay? I won't have time today.

6. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Andreas - I liked the first video with the mountain scenes in the background. Something like that would be nice for our video, but I thought the three of us would actually be seen in the video. Is that possible? That's why I mentioned the clothes, as we could maybe coordinate what we wear - like wear the same colors, etc.... If not, then who cares what we wear. Although I enjoyed the beginning of Patrik's video (that's the sort of organ I like), I am not crazy about how he kept the whole video in that black and white fuzzy effect.

Julius - I just remembered that you have tons of music on CD. Do you remember if you have any 6-hand music, or even 8-hand music for that matter? But I'm thinking that you did not bring it to Poland with you, right? Bummer.....

To anyone else reading this: if you know of a 6-hand piano piece, please let us know either here or by email.

7. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I was also thinking about it, that's why I said "no clothes". haha

but seriously... this is what I understood, and I found it interesting. (about the video, not the nudity).

8. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    speak for yourself, bub!! :lol: :lol:

9. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Me too. It would be very neat if we could somehow get videos of ourselves onto on video. Andreas...?

Anyway, I've been looking around a lot for music just now and found a few things. Have you heard of Gurlitt? He wrote a book of six pieces for six-hands. It's a Intermediate level. Too bad it's not in ISMLP - I'd have to order the book. Also found a book of intermediate jazz pieces by a current composer. If you look at this link http://jwpepper.com/5985189.item then you can click "see the music".

I also found a book that is called, Piano Music for 6 Hands, Volume 3 - but it doesn't say who the composers are or anything. There is also the Carmen overture written for 6 hands that I'm trying find. That looks interesting too.

Felipe - you're good at 'getting' things on the computer. Can you find this Carmen piece on that P2P place? Or that Gurlitt book?

And just for fun - I learned that Bach's grandson, William Friedrich, (quoting from the internet) wrote a concerto for piano, six hands, which is written so that it should be performed by one large male and two petite female pianists. The man sits between the two women, stretches his arms around their waists, and plays at the opposite extremes of the keyboard while the ladies play the parts in the middle register.

10. nathanscoleman

nathanscoleman New Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Coleman
    First Name:
    Nathan
    I didn't hear about this ... Does this mean I should scrap my Liebermann cs I'm working on??

Now THAT's real composing ... no gimmicks there! :roll:

11. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist Trusted Member

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Sounds more like something for PDQ Bach ...

12. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    I don't think it would be difficult to do that. It's something that could be done even in my Windows Movie Maker (Monica... have you checked that there is a completely new version of it? check it here: http://download.live.com/moviemaker )

I think there are two problems here: not public domain music, and my zero experience with jazz music (though I could learn with you, if my dislike for jazz does not make it an impairment, hehe).

I'm glad to know I'm good at something. hahaha
    Anyway... that's exactly what I would say: before buying anything... try stealing!!! hahaah
    seriously: try finding them on the web, mainly because they must be in public domain!
    I'll look for them. Do you know the transcriber of the Carmen?

I'm quite skeptical for these kind of things... I myself completely re-arrange left and right hands notes, for becoming easier to play... so what the hell is this concerto for? Only for fun, I think.
    And there is a little machismo in it (not that I reprove it... haha)

13. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    The publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, recently came at us regarding some recordings we had on the site that they say we did not have permission to host. We had to take down my Copland, Chris' ? (forgot), and a Prokofiev piece - also another member's recording that I can't remember now. I am still perturbed at this - you can be sure that if I am one day needing to purchase a music book and I have a choice between it being published by B&H or another publisher, I will choose the other publisher!
    Nathan - your Liebermann - oh, I really hope there is not a problem with that. Check the publisher, though!

Oh, he is so funny! I love his lyrics - have you seen these?
    http://www.schickele.com/composition/lyrics.htm

I especially like the Blue Grass Cantata and the Two Madrigals.

@Felipe - this is all I could find on the Carmen:

http://www.halleonard.com/product/viewp ... siteid=64&

And I have looked for free music of this and the Gurlitt but didn't find any.

Thanks for the link to the new version of moviemaker. Have you tried it yet? When you download a new version of something, does it automatically replace your older version, or do you end up with having both versions on your computer?

you mean some 'big' machismo. That's because the man wants to show off his big, long.................................................................................arms! :lol:

14. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Techneut wrote:
    Please, help a poor german teacher to understand your riddles! :lol:

15. musicusblau

Last Name:
    Pfaul
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Whew, had to read through all at first. Now I´m here. :lol:
    Of course, I thought of a video, which shows us three each playing at his piano at home. And I wanted to do a combination of collage and montage with these three videos everyone of you two (Monica and Felipe) would have to send to me (I think, we´ll post our wave- and video-files on rapidshare again. I don´t want to make an Audio-Montage with mp3-files).
    I only have shown you the video of my Bach-performance with a collage of the scores and mountains of the Swiss-Alpes and the video of Patrik as an example to demonstrate the difference between collage and montage:
    collage is the cross-fade of two or more videos, montage is, that we see only one player in a moment, but the players change during the pieces, though they play all at the same time together. Patrik has video- and audio-recorded all the instruments and the choir separately (while they were listening with headphones to the others, like we will do), and so you can do racy switchings between the players (=montage) respective cross-fade of two or more players (=collage).
    Can you follow me?

Of course, we will not do that black and white-effect, I think, Patrik has done it, because there were some students in the Academy, who didn´t want to be recognized on the video.

Felipe, of course, it´s okay, if you watch tomorrow to the videos, we have no hurry.

16. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    no, I didn't try it!
    I think there is not "timeline"... "storyboard"... don't remember the name... there is no "this thing" in this new version. hehe
    gotta check it anyway. but the good news is that it uploads directly to YouTube, if you want!

it depends on the program. Most programs replace your last version, but I don't know if this one will, because it has changed name, and it does not belong to Windows' accessories any more (not in Windows 7, for example). Now it's part of Windows Live suite.

couldn't understand it also. :roll:

17. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Here is information on PDQ Bach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDQ_Bach

When I am in the right mood, I just laugh and laugh and laugh when I hear his (Schickele's) stuff. Or even just read some lyrics like what I posted up above.

Felipe - I did download that new program. It actually runs in Windows Live - not sure about it yet and have no videos planned for anytime soon.

Andreas - I followed you a little. Basically, you say that it is possible for us to make a video in which we three can be seen in it. So that's good - now we can go back to planning what to wear. LOL

But still...we don't even know what we are going to play, yet!

18. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
    very funny! I enjoyed the name of the pieces: Pervertimento, Erotica variations and ABOVE ALL the cantata "Thank God it's friday!"

19. felipesarro

felipesarro New Member

System Analyst, for now
  20. pianolady

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    I know - they're funny. I like: The Short-Tempered Clavier, Preludes and Fugues in all the Major and Minor Keys Except for the Really Hard Ones, S. easy as 3.14159265

and

Grand Serenade for an Awful Lot of Winds and Percussion, S. 1000

Ok, and I'll wear mine:

[​IMG]