DONATION STATUS
Needed before 2016-12-31
$ 2,500
So far donated
$ 860

I'm back !

Discussion in 'General' started by Francois de Larrard, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Francois de Larrard

Francois de Larrard Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Hello everybody,
    After a long while, and various events in my life, I am back to PS :D . Actually, I moved to another city (I am now leaving near Lyon, the second largest French city, located in east-center of France), and, after four long months without (acoustic) piano :( , I have again my two pianos, and I am practicing again the instrument. Therefore I hope I can contribute to PS in the coming months (and years). I am pleased to see that the small circle of members is still very much involved, with, fortunately, also some newcomers.
    Cheers,
    Francois

P.S.: I am kindly asking the administrators to update my bio. The new version is the following. Thanks

Born in 1958, Dr. François de Larrard is a researcher in civil engineering. However, when he is not working for his laboratory (located in Lyon, eastern France), he pursues a number of activities related to his greater passion: music.

He is first of all a classical pianist. He studied piano since the age of 5, with various private professors, and has a final degree of the Ecole Nationale de Musique de Cachan (Virtuosity price in 1987). He constantly practices and learns new piano pieces, and records some of them.

François is also a jazz pianist, fond of modern jazz and improvisation. In this field, he won a national (Concours de Jazz de la Défense, 1982) and international (Jazz Hoeilhart, 1985) prize as a soloist. He had various experiences with several groups, including, since 5 years, the Rose Vocat quintet with whom he gives regular concerts in the Nantes area.

François is also a composer, having more than 100 compositions in his catalogue, including many jazz themes but also various pieces of 'written' music for solo instruments, voice, chamber music and jazz big-bands;

François recorded a number of CD's (most of them being self-produced), including some French harpsichord music. More info can be found on his internet site: http://francoisdelarrard.chez-alice.fr

His composition catalogue can be seen here:
    http://francoisdelarrard.chez-alice.fr/ ... logue.html

You can also listen his past jazz quintet Rose Vocat:
    http://rosevocat.free.fr

Francois de Larrard can be contacted at:
    francois.de.larrard followed by @aliceadsl.fr

2. musical-md

musical-md Active Member

Physician
    Last Name:
    del Rio
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Hello Francois and welcome back. Nice bio, but Chris/Monica please be sure to correct the spelling of price to prize . :wink:

3. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Hi Francois and welcome back! I've changed your bio.

@Eddy - I don't understand...

4. 88man

88man Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Vosgerichian
    First Name:
    George
    Bonjour François, and welcome back! I've been away too. :p I always felt that your virtuosity and compositions were advanced. I didn't know that you also have a conservatory degree in addition to being an engineer. :D Have you been composing/improvising lately?

Monica, I think Eddy means (Virtuosity prize in 1987) in the 4th paragraph.

George

5. pianolady

pianolady Monica Hart, Administrator Staff Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Hart
    First Name:
    Monica
    Thank you, George. I have some problems.

6. techneut

techneut Active Member Piano Society Artist

Last Name:
    Breemer
    First Name:
    Chris
    Good to see you back Francois ! I thought you'd gone permanently. I must say that not having a piano is no excuse for not dropping by every now and then 8)

I'm looking forward to see what you will come up next with, being one of the more adventurous pianists here.

7. Francois de Larrard

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de
    Many thanks to all for your kind welcome messages ! George, regarding my composer activity, which is very small actually, some months ago I have released on my website a series of five waltzes for solo piano, that I intend to record someday (http://francoisdelarrard.chez-alice.fr/ ... _piano.pdf). As for improvisation, yes I do improvise almost every day, and I am presently chasing jazz partners going in jam sessions here in Lyon. I have hard time finding (double) bassists...

8. Francois de Larrard

Researcher
    Home Page:
    Last Name:
    Larrard
    First Name:
    Francois de